Congratulations Dr. Geru Hallwell

Former Spice Girl Geri Horner will be presenting a new BBC2 documentary series about the 1990s to answer one of the most enigmatic of Spice pop riddles: who…do you think you are?

Geri's Nineties: The Decade That Made Me will follow the 44-year-old Ginger Spice as she reflects “on her own incredible journey", marking her first major TV presenting role.

The BBC say the series will tell the story of Horner “turning 18 as a working class girl in Watford at the dawn of the decade through to international fame and fortune with the Spice Girls”.

It’ll also be a show taking a nostalgic glimpse at the decade’s rave scenes, boy bands, Girl Power and Brit Pop through interviews with friends of the Spice star and other big names from the nineties.

Horner, better known by her maiden name Geri Halliwell, said in a statement that the time was "a decade of hope, opportunity and change, in all areas of life".

“Personally, it was a journey of self-discovery, reflecting on some amazing things I am incredibly grateful to have experienced. I think the 90s was a very optimistic decade that proved that regardless of who you are and where you come from, you can evolve and change and dreams can come true.”

Any 90s nostalgia show gets a big thumbs up from me, especially with Geri at the helm. Her first autobiography legit remains one of my favourite reads.

FORMER? Gemb must be offended, those live shows with a free raffle at Pontins are nearly confirmed by now.

Nonetheless I am a huge fan of all self-indulgent celebrity mission documentaries and I can only hope that it meets the level of Dawn Goes Lesbian and the one where Kirsten O'Brien got her tits out.

Main take aways from this

- BLESS Geru for still going about how she is still in her "mid 40's". Don't think so LOVE.

- I bet she must be DELIGHTED how she will get her own spotlight when talking about the Spice Girls. I bet she'll shoehorn UNKNOWN FACTS about the band like how Victoria would spend the time shopping for shoes while Geru sat down on her bed with a scribble pad and a XYLOPHONE (or a dictaphone or whatever) COMPOSING epic timeless classics such as Stop and Too much :what::rolleyes:

I like to think BB Madge will be pulling an Adams Family Wednesday on little George Michael Minogue Hex Hector Remix Horner the second Geru gets her priorities back on track.

I thought for a sec you were suggesting she pursues a career BAREBACKING rather than Big Brother.

Reactions: GNL
Geri's 1990s: MY DRIVE TO FREEDOM.

Pop music's Nelson Mandela, former Spice Girl Geri Horner looks back on the 1990s and reflects on her own incredible journey from working class Watford girl to international superstar, philanthropist and activist. Contains strong language.

9pm TONIGHT

There's a really SCATHING preview in the GRAUNIAD saying that she's useless on it because she's so SELF-ABSORBED that she neither NOTICED nor CARED about anything else that was going on in the 90s :D

Tony Blair, Princess Diana DEAD and Tracey Enim's tent. What a period to be alive.

Did NOBODY watch Geru's prime time BBC2 docu?

So many iconic moments. That accent!

Geri's 1990s: MY DRIVE TO FREEDOM.

Pop music's Nelson Mandela, former Spice Girl Geri Horner looks back on the 1990s and reflects on her own incredible journey from working class Watford girl to international superstar, philanthropist and activist. Contains strong language.

9pm TONIGHT

Can't believe I missed this. I'll try and get someone to download it on Demand, or just wait for Halli's highlights.

While the documentary wasn't as Geri-focussed as I would have liked, I thought she came across really well - not even a HINT of mania in the eyes.

Either she's finally got her meds right or Christian and married life have finally saved her

Agree Jill, I felt she came across great! Might all be in the edit, but even so it was a good watch and trip down memory lane. It made me want to dig out her autobiography again.

I just caught this on catch up - it was really good watch, I love her friend from Watford that also popped up on Life Stories :D :disco:

2n9e4c6.jpg

It was pretty interesting but , overall, Geru disappointed me since I expected a bit more crazyness from her part.
I love how her voice has mellowed over the years, she used to sound UNBEARABLE whilst speaking 20 years ago.

Just seen Geru on This Morning from the 9th. She actually sounds really touching when talking about George, and yes she asks her favourite question as she composes herself back.

Presumably now that Monty's started showing some vocal talent the firstborn has been cast aside.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom