Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
I got a text from the GP this morning telling me to book my first jab. Was booked in for Saturday morning at 11am within one minute. I later spoke to office woman who has the same GP as me and she'd also had a text but didn't look at it for five minutes and has been unable to access the link to book all morning because it was too busy.

Well let’s look at it this way - the only reason they were able to lock down on the new Brazilian version is because they had time to do their tracing. Limited travel, limited indoor mixing, limited outdoor activities, limited workplace and school mixing. When we come out of lockdown and a new variant hits, there’ll be no stopping it. It’ll be down the vaccine to save the day. Let’s hope it does.

At this point I'm not more or less concerned, I'm just exhausted. This year I have been working non stop with the exception of one weekend (which is probably a good thing?) but I'm definitely taking time off in March and April - and I'm gonna be stuck in the same space I've been working from for the past months and where I have been stuck since November 2019.

I know many others are having it so much worse but I feel like I'm starting to hit a wall. The past 15 months have been draining.

Same here. I felt I hit the wall about a month ago. Work feels so much more repetitive and tiring.

Reactions: D5K
Same here. I felt I hit the wall about a month ago. Work feels so much more repetitive and tiring.

I'm not going to lie - work is consuming me too much at the moment but I also allow it to happen because there's not a whole lot of other stuff going on right now. That's probably not ideal from my end, I should draw a line and say: "it's 5pm on a weekday, enough"

But in addition, I notice how I'm starting to make small mistakes that I usually wouldn't make just because my brain is kind of toasted. I even notice it on here when I hit reply and I see errors/typos I'm usually not prone to.

All of this is better than getting or transmitting COVID, of course, so I'm happy to stay put - but right now I just wish I could go to bed for 2 months, wake up in May in a world where my parents and I had our jabs and I could go and meet friends outside at a safe distance. It wouldn't be perfect or back to normal but at least a little something.

My hair has become so feral, I've been wearing ALICE BANDS to maintain order for the last few weeks and honestly, I don't think I can live without them now.

Do you look like an early 00s footballer?

david-beckham-long-haircut-hairstyle-hairband.jpg

I’ve gotten quite good at cutting my own hair now! I still need my sis to sort out the back every now and again but I can keep on top of it otherwise

*gets money handed to me in the street*

As BRUTAL and BLEAK as her last address was, Nicola really played a blinder today.

I shed a tear at even the MENTION of clubs reopening soon.

As BRUTAL and BLEAK as her last address was, Nicola really played a blinder today.

I shed a tear at even the MENTION of clubs reopening soon.

Are we thinking 17th of May for inside hospitality with booze?

It's not IMPOSSIBLE

New variants resistant to the current vaccine or discovering the vaccine doesn't give protection for very long. Thousands of people dying daily again. WHO KNOWS
It's why I'm very nervous about international travel. The UK has shown it isn't going to be especially careful about who our borders are open to, so any new strain will inevitably come here and take hold

It's why I'm very nervous about international travel. The UK has shown it isn't going to be especially careful about who our borders are open to, so any new strain will inevitably come here and take hold

Yeah it sounds very Priti of me but KEEP THE BORDERS CLOSED for now FFS!

I have to use two bands as my hair isn't long enough, yet totally long enough to be essential.

I look some kind of wacky professor caricature with out them.

Looks like we shouldn’t expect 40-49 years old to be offered vaccines in April.

I thought they just put out a statement saying they’ll be doubling rate of vaccines because of a new influx of stock and that will put them 2 weeks ahead of schedule? That information only came out about 2 days ago?? WTF is going on?

Reactions: COB
How long are we meant to wait for those who inexplicably haven’t got themselves a vaccine when it was available to them? It’s a naff excuse.

I bet the twat journalists ask about Dominic Cummings instead of vaccinations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom