Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
I have a hospital appointment in a few weeks (removing a dodgy mole, though the derm gave me a choice of monitor or remove this "misbehaving dysplastic nevus" so I'm hopeful-but-not-certain it's not the big C) and they not only require 3 days isolation beforehand but also a PROPER through-the-car-window Covid test, not a rapid one or a home one. Ugh. Dreading that almost more than the surgery, though not quite as much as the possibility of bad news

Reading a lot of scary stuff about the Indian variant this morning...

Has the double whammy of being “at least as transmissible” as Kent and has had care home residents in hospital even though they’ve had both vaccines. Has doubled in the UK in the last week through community transmission.

Can’t wait for that travel list later on.

I don't get this WEEPING about the test. I have a pack at home which I do weekly and it doesn't REMOTELY bother me. It's slightly uncomfortable maybe, but nothing ludicrous...

Has the double whammy of being “at least as transmissible” as Kent and has had care home residents in hospital even though they’ve had both vaccines. Has doubled in the UK in the last week through community transmission.

Ah but that care home story has a lot of positives; yes it infected 15 of them but none of them died and all of them are out of hospital now. So the vaccine's definitely having an impact even if it's not able to stop it completely.

I don't get this WEEPING about the test. I have a pack at home which I do weekly and it doesn't REMOTELY bother me. It's slightly uncomfortable maybe, but nothing ludicrous...
Sounds like you've got a good control of your gag reflex.

last time i took a home test I gagged and then sneezed.

I'm fine with these things. It's hardly a broken arm.

Ah but that care home story has a lot of positives; yes it infected 15 of them but none of them died and all of them are out of hospital now. So the vaccine's definitely having an impact even if it's not able to stop it completely.

Is it not still likely to overwhelm the NHS though, or are we looking at a situation that the elderly in care homes are so vulnerable that ANY bug would knock them for six and send them to hospital?

Our numbers are finally starting to PLUMMET again and we're averaging 1 million vaccinations per day now, so I hope we'll be out of the worst by the end of this month.

I'm fine having to wait a little longer with the vaccination than expected at this point - as long as the overall situation is improving. But sitting at home, watching numbers skyrocket in March and April with no vaccination date in sight wasn't pretty.

Last edited:
Zoe numbers at least , are on the rise now. So I suspect R has finally breached 1. But, it's mostly younger unvaccinated people so fingers crossed it doesn't get out of hand.

Can’t wait for that travel list later on.
I’d like to recommend this Twitter account for following corona news, it is someone who really knows what they are talking about and reading them reinterpret the often sensationalist headlines with actual science has been quite the relief (and they’ve always been right thus far)

I get my second jab in three weeks.

I have only been 58% confident about all my human interactions for the last few months so I'll be delighted to be almost 100% confident.

Style Hair Flip GIF by Ariana Grande

Last edited:
I’d like to recommend this Twitter account for following corona news, it is someone who really knows what they are talking about and reading them reinterpret the often sensationalist headlines with actual science has been quite the relief (and they’ve always been right thus far)

And as a bonus they're furry as well 😍

Yeah it's an excellent account very pro science and anti fear. Also John Campbell on YouTube is good, though whether he's reassuring or pessimistic depends on his mood. If he smiles and says "you are very welcome to today's video" you know it's probably the former :)

No deaths in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, but four in Wales so pandemic not quite over yet. :(

Meanwhile one the local primary schools in my area has closed to ALL pupils due to an outbreak of Covid. Not sure of it’s an overreaction but still I thought we were over this sort of thing. :(

Numbers going up quite steadily on ZOE and national numbers starting to follow. I think very soon we will see that "third wave" but mostly in the under 40s (unvaccinated and many not going to be vaccinated for a while yet thanks to AZ clotting hysteria) so hopefully won't matter much in terms of hospitals/restrictions. Myself, glad I got AZ while my foot was in the door as I don't fancy the possibility of long Covid much !

Numbers going up quite steadily on ZOE and national numbers starting to follow. I think very soon we will see that "third wave" but mostly in the under 40s (unvaccinated and many not going to be vaccinated for a while yet thanks to AZ clotting hysteria) so hopefully won't matter much in terms of hospitals/restrictions. Myself, glad I got AZ while my foot was in the door as I don't fancy the possibility of long Covid much !
I can't see that on the dashboards, but for some reason they all insist on showing a year's worth of data on the graphs, and so any slight uptick isn't visible due to the scale going up to the massive highs of January.

I think very soon we will see that "third wave" but mostly in the under 40s (unvaccinated and many not going to be vaccinated for a while yet thanks to AZ clotting hysteria) so hopefully won't matter much in terms of hospitals/restrictions. Myself, glad I got AZ while my foot was in the door as I don't fancy the possibility of long Covid much !
This pisses me RIGHT off, to be honest.

Scotland: 6 people from 3 households allowed to meet indoors without physical distancing from Monday.

(Except for Moray, which is staying with current restrictions, and the islands, which are jumping ahead to have even less restrictions)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom