Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
Ugh.
I'm just going to wait until they have their meeting and say what they're going to say. The media likes to cherry pick worst case remarks from "one of the scientists" etc
Illustrating it nicely, they have acknowledged that a delay "is possible". Well yes. Snow is also possible. The advisor when interviewed would be lying if they claimed it was impossible

Last edited:
Also doesn’t stop us travelling to a Level 2 area.

Make it make sense huns.

Have they said how long it'll be for? Or just a reviewed week by week thing
They said they will review week by week, however, these things have always ended up being in three week cycles so I wouldn't get hopeful any time soon.

This all makes me very worries :(

Not about Covid. Just about more lockdowns :(

This is going to get out of control isn’t it? Just think negatively and we might get a nice little surprise.

London got mentioned as a problem area by the BBC News presenter but not by Boris or Chris?

So nothing actually changing yet apart from ramping up the second doses, right? And just to bear in mind that the June date might be under threat. I can live with that.

Just the small detail of a wedding in October we're about to send re-invites out for. :bruised:

So my friends have already started the "Shall we just break the rules" chat since we were meant to be in a pub on Friday and I hate being in this position. As sick as I am of everything, I fundamentally believe in the reasoning behind them, but don't want to be 'that guy' either

• Sad
Reactions: COB
Well as usual it's a ridiculous strategy that makes no sense. Vaccines won't help the current surge because they take (at least) 3 weeks to kick in. The emphasis should be on testing and isolating.

Last edited:
Their policy has never been about 'Covid zero'. They've stuck to herd immunity since the first scandalous interview with Queen Valance when she and I oop'd it. :eyes:

I think I understand the second jab thing. As the worry is with the single jab prevention of hospitalisation being around 80%, normally this is great but if you have something massively more transmissible spreading like mad in full reopening, the other 20% still clog the hospitals. The second one brings it to more like 95%, reducing that risk as much as possible before the June date.

The media have LAPPED this up haven’t they?

while there have been outbreaks, there doesn’t seem to be an increase in cases overall. But I guess this could just be the start of it.

lots of people highlighting the three days Boris dithered over the India travel ban, allowing a massive wave of travel for people desperate to get in/out before it kicked in. All because he was worried it might affect his post-Brexit trade deal with India... bless

Well that press conference was a whole lot of nothing. Also these cunts who I appear to know on Facebook “good job Boris!” - removed post haste .

There is a "worst case scenario" that if the vaccinations are on the lowest end of what we think they are for preventing hospitalisation AND the Indian variant is the highest end of predicted transmissibility (+60%) then we are in deep shit and the hospitals still get overrun. Naturally the media are playing to this worst case.

Reality, the Indian variant seems to be displacing the Kent one but cases aren't going up significantly. Just have to wait and see, but cautiously optimistic here...

also there is no talk of how serious the hospitalisation is. Might be that vaccinated individuals in some cases still go to hospital for a bit of oxygen but don't get ventilated and spend much less time there.

ZOE study daily cases just jumped up by over 500 :shock:

That'll be the highly transmissible Indian wave then. FFS... I just can't with a third round of all this just as hope was starting to build... it honestly makes me start thinking about "the quicker way out" again.

Buying the Kardashian's private island?
In the absence of that kind of money, alas, it'll have to be something cheaper. Might have to downgrade the car though - if you sat in the garage with my current one running you'd die of boredom before anything else (it's electric)

ZOE study daily cases just jumped up by over 500 :shock:

That'll be the highly transmissible Indian wave then. FFS... I just can't with a third round of all this just as hope was starting to build... it honestly makes me start thinking about "the quicker way out" again.

It isn’t going to overwhelm hospitals though, as the majority of the people who are susceptible to get ill have been vaccinated, no?

Is Cloud threatening to KILL HIMSELF over a slight increase in Covid numbers?

Hun, while I appreciate this whole thing has hit many people's mental health hard, I'm gonna take the chance that you're being HYSTERICAL and say SNAP OUT OF IT! For your OWN GOOD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom