Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
I don't know that a high profile double-jabbed person getting it is in any way good news. It's just more likely to make people think 'Oh, what's the bloody point?'

Case in point:

I think the anti vaxxers will pick up on anything little, they weren't going to have jab anyway. But for some people, maybe like my parents generation I think it would just make them think twice and be a bit more careful.

Also for those of us working out there with the public, it again gives reason why masks should still be worn to protect us all. I know from Monday we're going to face more abuse from the public when we ask them to wear a mask.

This is an interesting thread of replies concerning the difference between LFT and PCR tests. It’s confusing since the NHS still haven’t updated the 3 main symptoms which you need at least one of before being eligible to get a PCR test, and the fact that the reported symptoms of the Delta variant are so common with many other things including hay fever and err, just generally feeling a bit off for a day without there being any reason. If every time I woke up feeling a bit light-headed and had to isolate and order a PCR test, this thing would never end.

This may be a stupid question but why are some saying we will need to go back in to a lockdown in September? I know we will be heading back in to the colder seasons, and the common flu will become more prevalent but is that it?

I think the "logic" behind getting us all infected with Delta now is that it'd act as a third "booster" (or second or first where that applies) and get the collateral deaths and hospitalisations out of the way while they're sort-of-manageable by the NHS, leaving us with high immunity for autumn/winter and so not needing measures by then. It's bonkers, but that's our government for you.

I think the "logic" behind getting us all infected with Delta now is that it'd act as a third "booster" (or second or first where that applies) and get the collateral deaths and hospitalisations out of the way while they're sort-of-manageable by the NHS, leaving us with high immunity for autumn/winter and so not needing measures by then. It's bonkers, but that's our government for you.

Why are some boffins pointing towards more restrictions come September? Is it schools returning?

Unrelated rant: 8 weeks after mole removal surgery, the little shit of an incision still isn't healing properly. I managed to get an urgent GP call a 3 weeks ago to get antibiotics prescribed because it was showing signs of infection (diagnosed via phone camera photo) and it seemed to maybe help a bit (it stopped actively oozing at least and a bit less red), but it's been 2 weeks since the end of that and it's still being a bother. There's this "hole" in the middle of the incision that just seems to have turned more into like a small ulcer than actually healing. Keeps scabbing over, then the scab comes loose, a tiny amount of bloody exudate is underneath, clean it out, rinse and repeat, just goes on forever... it's possibly filling up now but also getting wider :/

I know this isn't a personal health vent thread but just feel so alone because COVID (the on-topic related part) is preventing us getting timely attention from a GP. I can't just keep pestering them for urgent appointments (it's not leaking badly like when they diagnosed infection) and the default response at the moment is "we can schedule a call within a couple of weeks". I want to be seen, to be pretty much be hand held, told why it's not healing right (or why it is and why I don't need to worry), what they're doing to help, checked up on regularly etc and that's not possible, I'm just left to worry about it. There was this helpful-ish wound nurse who did follow-up appointments which helped a lot just knowing I was being seen for follow-ups but she wasn't a GP, couldn't seem to do much with it beyond trying various dressings and as soon as it didn't look quite as bad she called it a day and now is near impossible to get back in touch with due to working seemingly one day per blue moon.

Biopsy results? Pfffft don't be silly, there's a covid going on. 8 weeks later I get to continue worrying whether I have melanoma, and whether that's why it's not healing properly. They (Google results, yes I know) say skin cancer can cause chronic wounds and leg ulcers so yeah not good

On the verge of tears with anxiety, if I'm honest. Real problem or health anxiety? Who knows, need to see a GP for that...

Why are some boffins pointing towards more restrictions come September? Is it schools returning?
I guess so? Schools returning is always a shitshow of viruses. I wouldn't imagine a full lockdown again as Boris would rather see the bodies pile high and now has someone in agreement in charge of public health, but if they're being cautious then maybe some "stage 3" style restrictions

Obviously the Government don’t seem to give a shit about things if deaths are low and are unlikely to give a shit about chronic illness but like... surely it doesn’t make ECONOMIC SENSE either for a sizeable proportion of younger, healthy people to still be struggling with health issues for months, or potentially years after infection?

Prime Minister and Chancellor have been pinged by the app following the Health Secretary’s positive test…

Neither is isolating.😐

Prime Minister and Chancellor have been pinged by the app following the Health Secretary’s positive test…

Neither is isolating.😐
Not even pinged. Phoned up as proper contacts, so LEGALLY have to isolate (if the didn't have this dodgy pilot)

Urgh. Why are the newspapers using ‘pinged’ in their headlines? Twats.

How do Tories keep winning elections?

The optics of them not having to isolate are terrible.

Also, curious that the JCVI and MHRA disagree about immunising 12+ kids in the UK, meaning they won't be offered the vaccine and yet again making the UK an outlier. I am sure that won't come back to haunt us any time soon.

I'm more frightened of this now than I've ever been. We've gone beyond stupidity and disorganisation and into wanton devastation. How the hell do we get rid of these evil bastards?

Not that any of us can be surprised but it's yet another communications and double-standards farce. Bye bye what was left of any public compliance.

They know doing this will lead to widespread non-compliance like the Cummings fiasco, they really don’t give A SHIT anymore.

It’s when/if the shit hits the fan again that they are up shit creek without a paddle.

Ho hum, the Tories are still 11 points up in the polls :googlyeyes:

Unrelated rant: 8 weeks after mole removal surgery, the little shit of an incision still isn't healing properly. I managed to get an urgent GP call a 3 weeks ago to get antibiotics prescribed because it was showing signs of infection (diagnosed via phone camera photo) and it seemed to maybe help a bit (it stopped actively oozing at least and a bit less red), but it's been 2 weeks since the end of that and it's still being a bother. There's this "hole" in the middle of the incision that just seems to have turned more into like a small ulcer than actually healing. Keeps scabbing over, then the scab comes loose, a tiny amount of bloody exudate is underneath, clean it out, rinse and repeat, just goes on forever... it's possibly filling up now but also getting wider :/

I know this isn't a personal health vent thread but just feel so alone because COVID (the on-topic related part) is preventing us getting timely attention from a GP. I can't just keep pestering them for urgent appointments (it's not leaking badly like when they diagnosed infection) and the default response at the moment is "we can schedule a call within a couple of weeks". I want to be seen, to be pretty much be hand held, told why it's not healing right (or why it is and why I don't need to worry), what they're doing to help, checked up on regularly etc and that's not possible, I'm just left to worry about it. There was this helpful-ish wound nurse who did follow-up appointments which helped a lot just knowing I was being seen for follow-ups but she wasn't a GP, couldn't seem to do much with it beyond trying various dressings and as soon as it didn't look quite as bad she called it a day and now is near impossible to get back in touch with due to working seemingly one day per blue moon.

Biopsy results? Pfffft don't be silly, there's a covid going on. 8 weeks later I get to continue worrying whether I have melanoma, and whether that's why it's not healing properly. They (Google results, yes I know) say skin cancer can cause chronic wounds and leg ulcers so yeah not good

On the verge of tears with anxiety, if I'm honest. Real problem or health anxiety? Who knows, need to see a GP for that...

I guess so? Schools returning is always a shitshow of viruses. I wouldn't imagine a full lockdown again as Boris would rather see the bodies pile high and now has someone in agreement in charge of public health, but if they're being cautious then maybe some "stage 3" style restrictions

I know none (or very few) are medical experts but there is a good bunch of us who have gone through non-covid related health issues and health struggles in the past 18 months who can very much relate to concerns and worries regarding medical support and treatment during covid times. If it helps you, always rant away. Dealing with this stuff is tough and stressful, even without the covid-umbrella of doom constantly hovering above us.

It felt like a formality but finally got my PCR positive result. My brother and stepdad got their positive results a couple of days ago, my mum has been negative on lateral flow tests but is waiting on her PCR result from Friday. Unfortunately she has been stuck sleeping on the sofa with a bad back, delivering food and drink upstairs to the two of them in their sickbeds. I guess living on your own is convenient in these circumstances, unless you are really ill.

I haven't felt too bad, it has been pretty much a heavy cold, bad head and dodgy stomach. I haven't felt that hungry and the taste of some foods has been properly off. Luckily when I tried some chocolate yesterday it was unaffected.

It felt like a formality but finally got my PCR positive result. My brother and stepdad got their positive results a couple of days ago, my mum has been negative on lateral flow tests but is waiting on her PCR result from Friday. Unfortunately she has been stuck sleeping on the sofa with a bad back, delivering food and drink upstairs to the two of them in their sickbeds. I guess living on your own is convenient in these circumstances, unless you are really ill.

I haven't felt too bad, it has been pretty much a heavy cold, bad head and dodgy stomach. I haven't felt that hungry and the taste of some foods has been properly off. Luckily when I tried some chocolate yesterday it was unaffected.

Glad it's not too bad, just rest up.

I know some rule about some guy's razor probably applies, but can't help thinking there must be some strategy to all these u-turns. Is it to deliberately do the wrong thing to make the public feel listened to when they u-turn maybe

Why does the thick as shit English public keep voting for these corrupt fuckheads? I really don't see much difference between the behaviour of the UK government and, say, Hungary, or worse, Russia today. I am actually starting to seriously worry for the future of the country.

My mate has always used the word "pinged" a lot to mean spotted/accosted/apprehended ("tried to smuggle in a can of beer, but I got pinged", that sort of thing), I think it comes from playing Metal Gear a lot. I used to find it a sort of charming use of the word. Now the media is doing it CONSTANTLY, I'm not sure I ever want to hear the word "pinged" again!

My mate has always used the word "pinged" a lot to mean spotted/accosted/apprehended ("tried to smuggle in a can of beer, but I got pinged", that sort of thing), I think it comes from playing Metal Gear a lot. I used to find it a sort of charming use of the word. Now the media is doing it CONSTANTLY, I'm not sure I ever want to hear the word "pinged" again!

In the West of Scotland, a pinger is an erection and I don't mean a building. I feel like that will never be as popular again after all this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom