Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
Never underestimate the ability of the Mail to make a phrase ‘happen’. They did it with ‘Freedom Day’ and now they are doing the same with ‘Pingdemic’.

It looks like a few nightclubs are opening at midnight. The queue for Heaven stretches to Trafalgar Square.

Out and about today and everyone is still wearing masks, I’m in no rush to go to a club until I’m double vaccinated, I got ANXIETY just looking at pics of all the midnight parties.

Yep heard from my dad in the supermarket and popped into a smaller shop at lunchtime myself, you wouldn't know anything's changed except for the staff not wearing masks (I guess chances are they've had it already) and barriers gone. Most customers still wearing them. Good to see!

In terms of clubbing and such, I know conspiracy theories are not everyone's cup of tea and they'll start talking about some bloke's razor, but I honestly think it's all part of the plan. Many young people and antivaxxers are failing to get the jab, so we deliver immunity to them the other way - complete unabated opening of nightclubs etc for the young, and the allure of calling it "freedom day" for the antivax who will also be straight out there forming crowds and getting infected. Meanwhile your vulnerable 80 year old will continue being cautious just as they ever were. In a way I can see the logic, it's just that the collateral will be unfortunate to say the least.

So England are opening nightclubs for two months before making this compulsory, which presumably they're doing because of the risk of COVID in nightclubs...

I'm sorry, what?

Either do it from today, or keep restrictions until you can offer vaccines entirely on demand. Why go for the worst of all worlds option?

The rationale seems to be to allow all over-18s to have had their second dose + time to build immunity. But yes, why open them now?!

Also the nation's apps don't currently line up, so unless they fix(I have little faith) that then the other three nation's would have a hard time getting into an English club.

When Chris Witty asks Boris to choose between his catchphrases and populism, and the health and safety of the public

200.gif

Well I can think of two friends I won't be seeing after September unless they come to their senses

Where WAS Chris Whitty today? I know he doesn’t need to be there all the time but did he not say on some group online meeting this week that we are likely to end up in lockdown again in September? Is Boris not happy!?

On the bus home. I'd say it's about a 50/50 split in terms of adults wearing masks or not.

Compliance had slipped recently, but I'd say it was still 80% last week comfortably.

Last edited:
On the high street I work, things like crowd control barriers were all gone, floor stickers advising distance gone, in Pret they'd even taken all the plastic barriers down by the tills

On the high street I work, things like crowd control barriers were all gone, floor stickers advising distance gone, in Pret they'd even taken all the plastic barriers down by the tills

Just noticed Sainsburys Local have got rid of all the screens between the tills.

And the main shopping centre have removed the big banners asking you to wear masks and keep left.

Why are they doing this? It's still good advice and practice. Or are they just anticipating people trashing them?

Our English stores were also advised to remove the plastic screens and social distancing signs and floor markings. Staff are obviously allowed to wear a mask if they still want to

Our English stores were also advised to remove the plastic screens and social distancing signs and floor markings. Staff are obviously allowed to wear a mask if they still want to

I just don't understand why they would instruct that when cases are so high :o

Oh great. A friend who we ate out with yesterday has messaged to tell me he's had the alert. There were six of us, eating outside under a marquee type thing. He's the only one who has received the alert so far.

Can't help but think after being out today, that if I DO get the alert again myself, I may just think OH WHAT'S THE POINT when it comes to self isolating...

Did everywhere else have fireworks last night? Totally forgot it was a thing until it came up in the pub. Around here they were popping and banging on the stroke of midnight, much to the annoyance of those with young children and dogs.

I’m still quite nervous about Covid even though the number of hospitalisations and deaths are lower now.

One of my neighbours who was in their early 60s and fully vaccinated, came down with Covid recently. They were hospitalised during the middle of last week and by Friday morning they were dead.

What’s happening in England looks like madness.

Did everywhere else have fireworks last night? Totally forgot it was a thing until it came up in the pub. Around here they were popping and banging on the stroke of midnight, much to the annoyance of those with young children and dogs.

Yes I heard some (through my earplugs). There really is no end now to the occasions for which they take the opportunity to whip them out and piss everyone off.

People did fireworks for freedom day? :D

Just send the aliens please. We can't be fixed.

Andrew "I'm opening my theatres WHATEVER BORIS SAYS" Lloyd Webber has had to cancel the first showing of Cinderella due to a cast member testing positive. :)
I’m not intending to side with the government, but ALW seems to be blaming them for this too, WELL WHICH IS IT??

Even in the pub last night most people were still wearing them til they got served (as it's bar service now), took their beers to their tables and got settled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom