Create New National Final Forum? (formerly: Rename Melodifestivalen forum to National Final Forum)

Create new National Final Forum (with Melfest staying in its own forum)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exactly… basically all that is happening in the Eurovision world right now is national finals.

Indeed, I said that at the start- it will take away from the all year round buzzing Eurovision forum. It makes no sense.

I'm sorry if I came off patronising, I'm just a bit baffled by why people (you in particular) are getting so prickly about this!

I agree that maybe just re-naming the forum to 'National Finals' isn't the ideal solution, and the SEO point is a good one.

All I'm saying is that for Norway in paarticular, there's generally a bit more to chat about, but a lot of our less dedicated/loony posters might not know about it if we just contained it all in a bland 'Norway 2024' thread. Also this forum is notably quiet - what harm in giving it a little shot in the arm?

If it offends people that much though, I'll happily move the thread back to the main forum. I truly do not care that much.

I'm sorry if I came off patronising, I'm just a bit baffled by why people (you in particular) are getting so prickly about this!

I agree that maybe just re-naming the forum to 'National Finals' isn't the ideal solution, and the SEO point is a good one.

All I'm saying is that for Norway in paarticular, there's generally a bit more to chat about, but a lot of our less dedicated/loony posters might not know about it if we just contained it all in a bland 'Norway 2024' thread. Also this forum is notably quiet - what harm in giving it a little shot in the arm?

If it offends people that much though, I'll happily move the thread back to the main forum. I truly do not care that much.

I’m sorry to harp on, but I’m not getting prickly about it at all. That’s what I’m offended at- being accused of being prickly just because I strongly disagree with what you’re saying.

I’ve even said I’m not necessarily against doing SOMETHING.

This is YOU being prickly at it not going YOUR way.

Can I make a suggestion based on what they do on another popular Eurovision forum?

They have a separate thread for every live national final show so they’re easily found, but then the following day, they’re merged into the main country thread so you can still track the chat from start to finish.

I definitely can’t see us needing to do that for every show, and we might not need a whole subforum like they have, but it could be a solution to the original issue that prompted this?
Please don't!

I already feel like I'm intruding everytime I want to bring up Ahlena's lovely Booty in the Blanca topic. And so I refrain :(

• Care
Reactions: D5K
As an addendum to the SEO stuff, and not in an arguing a point way just as a FOR INTEREST into how all this works kind of way.

When I opened a private browsing tab and searched just there, this is now what it looks like:

1705265425718.png

So for SEO, it seems like threads are more important than nodes (forums) for SEO, as we were about 5th before with the melodifestivalen forum page link, and are now 2nd with that search. Which tracks from the bit of reading I was doing on the Xenforo users forum earlier.

Popjustice doesn’t actually allow new registrations so feels a bit irrelevant in that sense?

As an addendum to the SEO stuff, and not in an arguing a point way just as a FOR INTEREST into how all this works kind of way.

When I opened a private browsing tab and searched just there, this is now what it looks like:

View attachment 23773

So for SEO, it seems like threads are more important than nodes (forums) for SEO, as we were about 5th before with the melodifestivalen forum page link, and are now 2nd with that search. Which tracks from the bit of reading I was doing on the Xenforo users forum earlier.

My limited SEO knowledge believes it’s everything- not just the threads, but the headers, the URL etc etc. But yes, LET’S GET FIRST :D :disco:

My limited SEO knowledge believes it’s everything- not just the threads, but the headers, the URL etc etc. But yes, LET’S GET FIRST :D :disco:
So, for Google search purposes it's better to have moar threads with less content each?

So, for Google search purposes it's better to have moar threads with less content each?

I don’t think so…but it doesn’t hurt to have the page branded properly as something that will be a search term (so the forum as MF Forum, not National Final Forum)

How high are we if you search for VV Brown?

Would it help search rankings if users just casually name drop the "Melodifestivalen forum" from time to time. That seems to have made this thread go to #2. Thanks @VoR!
Well I have just changed the official site name from Moopy to Moopy Forum so the word forum appears on each and every thread.

Because we currently don't even make the first page when you search "Enya Forum" :angry:

I don't think it needs renaming but perhaps we could have another subforum for the other Nordic National Finals?

• Love
Reactions: Hak
I'm more than happy to spam/create threads about desperate NO RECORD DEAL singers in Norway and Danish counterparts of EVIL TWINS for the record post-National Final season. :disco:

The more I think about this the more this makes sense. Googling San Remo Forum returns nothing so it could very well be an untapped resource of English speaking Italian expats. UMK has increased in stature over the years and Eurosong is very much a treat.

I think we should very much encourage fringe countries to do their own NF in the hopes of netting their very own Moopy NF thread one day. Without them, where would Y&L be today?

A Friends of Melodi Grand Prix Forum would be most welcome.

...or possibly a ESC Songwriters Forum to appreciate all their hard work. After all, isn't this all about the songs?

Could there be a national final forum, in addition to the melodifestivalen forum? That would preserve the old forum but have a place to put multiple threads about melodi Grand Prix and other finals

Could there be a national final forum, in addition to the melodifestivalen forum? That would preserve the old forum but have a place to put multiple threads about melodi Grand Prix and other finals
Isn't that the Eurovision final?

Given the clear NO for renaming the melfest forum, the poll has been reset and this is the new question.

Personally, I would go for the live event model that some other Eurovision forums do - have a sub forum for live posting during an actual event that then gets merged into the main country thread again afterwards. I’m not sure what would really go in the main forum if all national final talk was filtered out, that’s 90% of what’s happening at the moment!

• Sad
Reactions: Hak
Still pretty pointless I'd say. The Eurovision Forum IS the place for other national forums.

As for the theory of getting new posters, I'd say the existing forums do that just fine. The Eurovision forum is a pretty thriving forum for 6 months a year.

The last motion was heavily defeated. I'd say let it rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom