DELICIOUS/HORRIBLE STATIONS IN LONDON

Obviously St Pancras is a LUXURY EXPERIENCE.
st-pancras-international-train-station-london-king-s-cross-compressed.jpg

I like the mosaics of murder and terror at Leytonstone.

• Love
Reactions: Zu
The absolute WHIPLASH one experiences leaving St Pancras and arriving into truly DICKENSIAN GARE DU NORD!

I've previously mentioned them elsewhere but Earl's Court for the fabulously retro LIGHT BULBS BEHIND ARROW SHAPES destination boards :disco:

Westbound_departure_board%2C_Earls_Court_district_line_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1451917.jpg

I've chosen a picture of the board on platform 3 as the trains on platforms 1 and 2 go to some right grubby out of town dumps like BARKING although they do also go to STOPS HERE which I must visit one day :disco:

I've previously mentioned them elsewhere but Earl's Court for the fabulously retro LIGHT BULBS BEHIND ARROW SHAPES destination boards :disco:

Westbound_departure_board%2C_Earls_Court_district_line_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1451917.jpg

I've chosen a picture of the board on platform 3 as the trains on platforms 1 and 2 go to some right grubby out of town dumps like BARKING although they do also go to STOPS HERE which I must visit one day :disco:
I wouldn't recommend it. Not even a DELICE DE FRANCE THERE

I wouldn't recommend it. Not even a DELICE DE FRANCE THERE
OH I KNOW. Very disappointing. Where's the continental sophistication? There's a Paul and a Greggs next to each other opposite the Earl's Court Road entrance / exit though :disco:

I like Piccadilly Circus for the ludicrous ROUND AND AROUND business and there (rather bewilderingly) being about 10 exits :disco:

I’ve never been fond of WATERLOO, always a bit OVERWHELMING.

Although the Waterloo and City line is of course, ADORABLE!

Waterloo-Train-Station-Cover-Photo.jpg

• Love
The westbound platform at Bethnal Green has an intriguing selection of TILES which I only noticed relatively recently :disco:

Bethnal-Green-Underground-Tiles-4.jpg

Bethnal-Green-Underground-Tiles-10.jpg

Kings Cross is of course delightful these days but I still have horrifying flashbacks to the time they were doing it up while I was living in WELWYN GARDEN SHITTY, because there were three platforms up the left hand side that took FIVE HOURS to get to and they would only announce that your train was leaving from one of them approximately five seconds before it was due to depart :)

Although the Waterloo and City line is of course, ADORABLE!
Oh God I LOVE that for reasons which are admittedly not very clear. There being only ONE STOP AT EACH END might have something to do with it :disco:

Kings Cross is of course delightful these days but I still have horrifying flashbacks to the time they were doing it up while I was living in WELWYN GARDEN SHITTY, because there were three platforms up the left hand side that took FIVE HOURS to get to and they would only announce that your train was leaving from one of them approximately five seconds before it was due to depart :)
Apart from those seemingly ENDLESS tunnels between platforms :argh:

I do love that they tried their best to make King's Cross a bit classier but the benches in front of the station actually make it look seedier :disco:

King's Cross was where I was mugged so I hate it

Mentioned in a previous thread but I had the absolute PLEASURE of going to Crystal Palace for the first time recently to collect my dining table.

crystal-palace-train-station-london-uk-MER16G.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom