Do What U Want DEAD after R Kelly Allegations

Is all this coming out now as he is pretty much broke? He seems to have been paying people off for years, along with the multiple legal costs.

He once had a net worth of 150 million plus.

Please tell me it’s NOT TRUE.
It is, and I'm sure it's not going to be the last one, media are pointing at artists who stream R. Kelly songs.
Out of 50-plus notable songs that feature R. Kelly, only two are being pulled from streaming services by the lead artist -- those being the tracks from Lady Gaga and Celine Dion -- but everyone else hasn't signaled a move one way or another.

A few artists who've collaborated with R. Kelly include Diddy, Snoop Dogg, Ciara, Justin Bieber, Fat Joe, Rick Ross, Usher, Mary J. Blige, Chris Brown, Nas, Twista, Nick Cannon, Ty Dolla $ign, Mariah Carey and The Pussycat Dolls and, of course, Jigga ... who by far has the most joint works with Kelly out of everyone.

@Alla I don’t think I have listened to I’m Your Angel since the ark was still afloat.

oh my GOD

what WAS she thinking? makes the whole saga even more indefensible!

In fairness, she did address in that statement that she was both in a bad state of mind (ARTPOP brought to you by pain medication and an abundance of marijuana) AND actively trying to provoke, so I don't think she would even bother trying to defend it.

Well presumably she’s doing it to make a point, what else could they do? They couldn’t keep the moral high ground and say “well it’s not going to sell much now so it’s not cost effective”

they could have a trade-in scheme if people want to switch their copies free.

otherwise it looks like “we deeply care about this cause so we will do the easy things we can do to fix it, but that’s it”

Given the costs involved in changing the physical of a back catalogue item that is selling the wide end of fuck all on a month by month basis, it's more than a token gesture.

Trade-in? I guess anyone offended enough shouldn't have bought it in the first place, it's not like NO-ONE KNEW.

Also, precedent. None of those Christmas compilations with Gary Glitter on them were repressed for trade-in, they just didn't put him on the iterations that followed.

Well that’s sort of the point, it was expensive and that’s why it was sort of necessary if they wanted to do something rather than just make a statement by switching off the streaming and online stores.

but they probably could’ve gotten away with it since it’s so long after the physical sales stopped

See the only problem with this is that they are genuinely removing the best song on the album.

Do What U Want really is a spectacular song. It's a shame it's being erased, but they had to do it I think. It's also a shame more artists haven't followed suit with their infinitely shittier R Kelly features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom