DRUNK ALL NIGHT EUROVISION REWATCH: 2000

OMG did the Rounder Girls really score a measly 34 points?? I thought they did better than that.

Here comes Linda Wagenmakers, an entry SO DISASTROUS it SET OFF A FIREWORKS FACTORY ACCIDENT (300 DEAD) :disco:

Still furious they stopped broadcasting halfway through the Spanish song (not especially because of Spain) and I had to quickly change the channel to still tape the whole thing. Poor Linda really thought she was going to win.

what a fabulous initiative. and what a shit winner

*has citizenship revoked*

Poor Alsou. Her English language pop album was fab, but she’s buried her career and all the good will in Russia by rigging The Voice Kids last year. Basically her and her oligarch husband had hired bots to make their daughter win by a landslide, when she was the worst contestant in that final. In the end, the production voided the whole final, made a new one where their daughter didn’t appear and pronounced the rest of the kids as winners.

Her reputation going solo indeed.

Poor Alsou. Her English language pop album was fab, but she’s buried her career and all the good will in Russia by rigging The Voice Kids last year. Basically her and her oligarch husband had hired bots to make their daughter win by a landslide, when she was the worst contestant in that final. In the end, the production voided the whole final, made a new one where their daughter didn’t appear and pronounced the rest of the kids as winners.

Her reputation going solo indeed.

:D at everything about this. What a WOMAN. I didn't know she still had a career but if she only "buried" it last year that seems like quite a good innings (assuming all that's real, it sounds like evil fan fiction)

I love "Solo", probably one of my favourite entries of all time. This era of cold-pop for Russia is probably my favourite in their trajectory

I started drinking early on so simply gave way by the end of 98, but TWO contests in a night? :gross:

Disgusted at the youthful energy on display on moopy

:D at everything about this. What a WOMAN. I didn't know she still had a career but if she only "buried" it last year that seems like quite a good innings (assuming all that's real, it sounds like evil fan fiction)

I love "Solo", probably one of my favourite entries of all time. This era of cold-pop for Russia is probably my favourite in their trajectory

It’s real. Even BBC wrote about it. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48293196

Also, Russians tried to get Denmark disqualified after ESC, claiming that Olsens were miming with that vocoder effect and that it was against the rules and so, but obviously nothing happened. Fellas merely wanted to get down with the kids...

Alsou has been consistently popular in Russia since 2000, and recently released English language material again

And who knew Moopy Rewatch winners Ping Pong have their own documentary - THE LOSER TAKES IT ALL: OUR EUROVISION HELL. :o :disco:

That's my evening sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom