Ellie Goulding - Higher Than Heaven (5th album) + Let it Die

Close to Me was a real slow burn smash. and a great song. I don't think she'll snatch another hit but I feel she's moving in a different direction anyway.

I haven't cared about this album at all, which is weird because I normally really love her. But now I'm having an Ellie night and I'm excited

Winner (random bonus track for Delerium) is it for me tonight

I haven't cared about this album at all, which is weird because I normally really love her. But now I'm having an Ellie night and I'm excited

I popped on Halcyon Ultra Super Deluxe a couple of nights ago and it did get me excited.

Does that mean she's gotten word that her Eurovision dreams have been crushed? :(

Everything so far sounds serviceable and nothing else. Where is the DRAMA?
The drama was her recently commenting on TikTok that she didn’t cheat on Ed 8 years ago and since then multiple websites made clickbait about that.

Kinda funny that 8 years ago with LMLYD and Delirium was basically her last real moment of being a global pop star. Then it wasn’t really followed up on with that era and now we’re here.

The BALLS you have to own to engage with Ed Sheeran in any form is astounding, especially having sex with him :zombie:

The BALLS you have to own to engage with Ed Sheeran in any form is astounding, especially having sex with him :zombie:
I find it interesting that Taylor’s not really been seen near Ellie since then, but has been happy to do Ed collabs in the years after.

Same goes for recently when performing at a The 1975 gig when a couple of years ago, Matt Healy shat on Ellie:

“The artists whose single streams are in the billions, people don’t buy their albums, necessarily… Ellie Goulding, people will listen to her music at the gym and they will listen to it on playlists,”

Which ended up being true of Brightest Blue and probably will be of Higher Than Heaven, too.

Like a Saviour is good but it felt like it could do with tightening up. Maybe into a three-minute version.

Looking forward to this hot Frankie Bridge (née Sandford) x Calvin Harris collab.

Also “bangs” :goodgrief:. It’s a FRINGE, luv.

85DE0C92-20C9-4168-867A-AF43EB40628C.jpeg

for some reason she released four songs today ahead of the full album next week. I've only listened to Cure For Love and Midnight Dreams - the latter is :disco:

I love the °*house°* vibes on Cure, it's really shaping up to be one of her best albums in ages.

Midnight Dreams stops a bit suddenly but is otherwise REALLY GOOD, as is Cure For Love.

Higher Than Heaven is solid. It feels like she is trying to go with a warmer, soulful kind of direction with Love Goes On and it doesn't quite come off on first listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom