Ellie Goulding - Higher Than Heaven (5th album) + Let it Die

I'm loving Higher Than Heaven. It's lush. Midnight Dreams is a hit too.

I agree that Love Goes On is a different kinda song for her, but she's pushing her songwriting (and production) way further on these album tracks than the singles on the whole.

I'm not sold on Cure For Love yet... the funky baseline under the second verse is a vibe but it's gone too soon. the chorus definitely knocks though, love how it goes full disco strings.

the refreshing honesty of it :disco: vinyl ordered! anyway, most personal always means least personal, so maybe this is actually her most personal ever ever.

obsessed with almost every song we've heard from this so far. I also listened to Temptation which leaked and it's a hot gay BANGER. she's coming for our wigs. and this time it's not personal.

Good on her for running with it.

And it does seem that this apparent impersonal soullessness is translating into better material so I feel this is a clear win.

is there any body OUT THERE waiting FOR ME ON MY WAY?!

i'll do my best!

this bank holiday (which we in the Netherlands don't have) is ruining everything! I won't get my vinyl delivered in the UK tomorrow either! :evil:

I QUITE AGREE that her take is refreshing

It's always tiresome how so many fart out clichés of "this is my deepest work", "this was really tough to record" or "so so so personal, I want people to hear my truth" and then come out with BAD BOYS or some other bollocks

If you're going to do bollocks, OWN IT :disco:

I'll score this later but needless to say - brilliant album.

current faves: Higher Than Heaven (amazing), Temptation, Love Goes On, Like a Saviour

I haven't got round to the album yet but Better Man feels like it makes sense as a song to push and it isn't even on the regular edition of the album. I suppose that doesn't really matter so much now.

Some really good stuff on here. Loving Just For You, Temptation and Tastes Like You of the new songs.

I know Ellie has form on the bonus track front, but some serious choices have been made here. Waiting For It and How Long scream pleasant extras, and Temptation, Tastes Like You and Better Man are apparently the designated also-rans. If I were predisposed to buying vinyl I would feel a bit miffed.

The Spotify opening day numbers aren't cute. Is there a reason they didn't tag on "Miracle" as a bonus track? That got more streams than the 16-track album combined 🥴

I'm liking the album after a couple of listens, still kinds of blends together but very consistent. Highlights for now are "Higher Than Heaven", "Like a Savior", "Tastes Like You", "Easy Lover".

And "All By Myself". I figure it's been out there for awhile with the number of streams but bawp.

The Spotify opening day numbers aren't cute. Is there a reason they didn't tag on "Miracle" as a bonus track? That got more streams than the 16-track album combined 🥴

It’s a good thing it’s called Higher Than Heaven because those streaming numbers certainly aren’t.

It really is her "Heartbreak on Hold" era, isn't it? (which I personally loved but that's the kind of man I am)

the numbers are shit but who cares. she's five albums deep and still making good to great pop music. some of these girls can't even get an album out. I'll take it!

the figure was fake :D fuck

1 Ellie Goulding - Higher Than Heaven (9,768) [8,518 physical, 571 downloads, 679 streams]

that's today

And I Oop Whatcha Say GIF by Jasmine Masters

I love how CONTRASTING she is :disco: #1 in the singles charts but struggling with her album, when will your faves? Probably never.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom