Eurovision 2020: CANCELLED!

What should the EBU do?

• Total voters
Oh I'm sure something, even unofficial will occur. Too many people are invested for the whole thing to pass.
In fact let's organise. With years of online contests behind us I think we're ready to go big!

Ooh seeing as most of this years songs have a live performance on youtube ANYWAY, somebody better organise an on-night virtual contest!

They could use the local Eurovision fan clubs for jury votes or country by country POLLS or SOMETHING

I'm not sure they're online for streaming, but you can easily find the episodes in torrents, if you use it. I can find out if interested.

I don’t even know what torrents are. :(

If it is something easily accessible then that would be amazing. Thank you. x

It was inevitable for sure, but it's still a shame. I feel for the artists though.

Spain, The Netherlands, Croatia and Malta have already said they're sending the same artist next year. I am sure many others will follow.

Christer Björkman, however, has said The Mamas won't get a chance to appear on the Eurovision stage (even though they already have).

I don’t even know what torrents are. :(

If it is something easily accessible then that would be amazing. Thank you. x

Torrents are simply ‘files’ that hold information related to other files and folders that are to be distributed. When you download a movie torrent, this ‘torrent file’ contains necessary information which will let you get that movie.

I've been using them for over a decade in a daily basis and never had any problem or downloaded a fake file, they're pretty safe. You can find pretty much every tv series/reality (except very old ones) being broadcasted around the world, that's how I watch them. You just need a programme installed in your computer and download stuff from the right stuff. Some (most) of them are things that you can't find on youtube or streaming, so for me is indispensable. It's very simple.

Christer Björkman, however, has said The Mamas won't get a chance to appear on the Eurovision stage (even though they already have).
Whaaaaaa....?

Can we get the original quote please? That seems a touch paraphrased.

Some of the moany queens in the comments section of wiwibloggs are losing their shit over how "unprofessional" this is...SERIOUSLY...get some fucking perspective! :manson: x10

But doesn't he mean they won't be on stage this year? He doesn't mean they won't next year, even when probably he wants to run a regular MF again so they won't.

Melodifestivalen is too big for SVT, hell, for SWEDEN, not to have it run next year and so of course they're going to pick a new act for 2021

The producer of Eesti Laul has also said their winner this year, Uku, will not go to Eurovision 2021, unless he wins again! SAVAGE!

It's gonna look quite cunty for those who don't let them go again, unless they don't want to, that is.

Melodifestivalen is too big for SVT, hell, for SWEDEN, not to have it run next year and so of course they're going to pick a new act for 2021
I imagine this will be the case for Eesti Laul as well. I feel sorry for Uku as his whole story was about being an underdog and now finally winning but the song is trash so.

I wonder what the BEEB will do. They probably think this MIDDLE OF THE ROAD response constitutes a success and James will be back again next year with an even blander song.

I wonder what the BEEB will do. They probably think this MIDDLE OF THE ROAD response constitutes a success and James will be back again next year with an even blander song.

Oh they´ll jump at the chance of not having to twist someones elses arm into doing it for next year and just have him do it.

I´m sure the likes of the UK and Ireland are low-key DELIGHTED :D

So the BBC just said they can't use the same songs. Did we know that already?

The producer of Eesti Laul has also said their winner this year, Uku, will not go to Eurovision 2021, unless he wins again! SAVAGE!

It's gonna look quite cunty for those who don't let them go again, unless they don't want to, that is.
Well he can use the "Eesti Laul wasn't created for Eurovision, it was created to introduce new Estonian artists" card which he did.

So the BBC just said they can't use the same songs. Did we know that already?

well if they are following the current rules they wouldn’t be able to, but they haven’t announced anything about this year’s. Probably gay speculation dressed as fact (can you imagine!)

We did know that- it was in the Eurovision announcement, wasn't it?

We didn't know it and it only makes sense in the sense that there's a rule which says each contest's entries can't have been released before September of the year before. It's a bit weird for that rule to be held up as holy considering this is totally uncharted territory for the contest though.

The FAQ section at the end of the statement on the homepage said:

Will the selected artists be able to perform their songs next year?
This is to be discussed with the Reference Group and the participating broadcasters and a decision will be communicated later.”

What I think should happen - and I think it will - is that The Mamas get an open invitation to return. The sympathy vote could be huge.

Really, really sucks for Iceland. Everyone else I could see using the extra time for a musical glow-up, but that's the only one that really feels like the perfect match of song/artist that's going to be incredibly difficult to recapture.

Really, really sucks for Iceland. Everyone else I could see using the extra time for a musical glow-up, but that's the only one that really feels like the perfect match of song/artist that's going to be incredibly difficult to recapture.
Yeah, whatever you think of the song, an Icelandic win was OVERDUE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom