Eurovision 2021: The Odds

Soldi

Πάμε put your hands up
Pronouns
He/him
So there’s still a fair few songs to come that will trickle through over the next week or so but after not managing to sign up to Bet365 in enough time yesterday to put a tenner on San Marino when they were still at 200/1 we need a thread :evil:

The top ten as things currently stand (countries in bold already have songs out):
Iceland - 11/2
France - 15/2
Italy - 8/1

Russia - 9/1
Bulgaria - 9/1
Lithuania - 11/1
Sweden - 11/1
Switzerland - 16/1
Cyprus - 14/1
Malta - 16/1

And just outside...
San Marino - 22/1

And for what it’s worth the UK is down in 21st with odds of 66/1.

https://www.oddschecker.com/tv/eurovision/winner

Somewhat :o Norway is so low.

I mean it's revolting, but I can see it in contention...

For some reason I'm always adverse to betting on songs I dislike but that seems worth a go

I suppose it’s a win win situation, you either win money or your most hated songs tank.

*bets on Germany and is bankrupt come May*

Iceland now THIRD in the odds with Switzerland first and France (!) second. I do feel France often do well in the odds initially, but never manage to PULL THROUGH on the night :D And I'm a BABS STAN!

I do think Lithuania in 7th, and PARTICULARLY Cyprus in 10th are being under-estimated at the moment. I can easily see Cyprus topping the odds as the contest draws nearer if they get the performance right.

We already KNOW Lithuania are going to have one of the most accomplished performances this year - I can't imagine they will change much from what we've already seen.

Last edited:
San Marino having better odds than Russia is something I never expected to see :disco:

I'm seeing Bulgaria up to 2nd and Iceland down in 4th now :o

I don't want to get my hopes too high for Cyprus in case it's just a "gay fave". But at this point that's what I expected Fuego to be, and what I expected KEiiNO to be, so you never know.

How are Bulgaria second? Have they not heard it?
Mind you, unless you’ve got your speakers turned right up it’s easy to miss her apologetic whispering.

As things stand right now, Iceland and Cyprus (and possibly also San Marino :D) certainly have the biggest NARRATIVE going into the contest - which has frequently shown in the past does give you QUITE a leg up and advantage. Italy and Russia changing their acts this year has probably helped Iceland even further in regards to this.

If we get rehearsal reports this year it's going to be interesting to see how they both fare :D It's certainly going to be ALL EYES ON THEM BOTH I feel.

Last edited:
Yeah I’m surprised at that and Bulgaria’s my third favourite :D

I think Cyprus low top ten in the odds is about right.

Yes, Fuego, but Eleni herself was the real secret weapon there.

Don't rule out Italy or Finland. A rock win is overdue and with an abundance of BANGERS it's more likely.

I think Cyprus low top ten in the odds is about right.

Yes, Fuego, but Eleni herself was the real secret weapon there.

It's more for me that

a) It has a story, what with the press picking up on the SATAN WORSHIP protests

and

b) It's such a Gaga throwback, which sets it apart from the other uptempos and gives it another nostalgic hook for viewers.

I may be TOTALLY fantasising though, it has been known. :D I'm just not really seeing any of the big ballads so far having enough mass appeal.

Don't rule out Italy or Finland. A rock win is overdue and with an abundance of BANGERS it's more likely.
I think this is a good point, and I could see Italy in particular pushing through. I sort of hope they don't though despite liking the song, just because the prospect of an Italian-produced Eurovision brings on a bit of a panic response after watching San Remo and their 1991 trainwreck.

I watch various YouTube countdown videos. I've never seen Cyprus top in ANY!

I think this is a good point, and I could see Italy in particular pushing through. I sort of hope they don't though despite liking the song, just because the prospect of an Italian-produced Eurovision brings on a bit of a panic response after watching San Remo and their 1991 trainwreck.
If Portugal can do it, then Italy can. Eurovision is far more time controlled these days.

Reactions: COB
I like the idea that sounding like a 10-year-old Gaga song is the nostalgic hook that’s going to set it a set it apart from the others in a GOOD WAY!

My friend is desperate for it to be Iceland so he can take me to the penis museum :o

I said it earlier in the thread, but if they get the staging right I can see Cyprus sneaking the win. Whilst it’s been a while since a ROCK WIN, it’s ALSO been a while since a fabulous female POP win (if you don’t count Netta in that category :D)

I watch various YouTube countdown videos. I've never seen Cyprus top in ANY!
To be fair SAY YAY! was topping all the fan polls and YouTube tops in 2016 so I don’t think that’s a good marker of predicting what will win :D

But yeah unless Malta bring THE song I haven’t got a clue who’s winning!

To be fair SAY YAY! was topping all the fan polls and YouTube tops in 2016 so I don’t think that’s a good marker of predicting what will win :D
Oh I'm just getting a sense to see if is Moopy on the same wavelength as the rest of the fanbase.

Fuck Azerbaijan's drag, right?
I think Azerbaijan aren’t going to be helped by the fact that about 50,000 other countries are sending uptempo songs by laydeh’s this year. It’ll have to be something killer to be better than the likes of Cyprus & San Marino I think.

I expect Azerbaijan to be enjoyable trash for gays but not terribly competitive.

Which, I totally accept, is a description that could also be applied to Cyprus :D

I’m sure Azerbaijan will bring a 13/10 banger but from what we’ve seen Efendi is not a very COMPELLING PERFORMER.

Not sure I really want Azerbaijan winning anytime soon anyway because you know human rights.

Reactions: VoR
Oh they’re in the middle of a war too which wouldn’t be much fun.

In fact wasn’t there FOILED TERROR ATTACKS last time they hosted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom