Eurovision 2021: The Rehearsals

Oh that's pleasing!

I hope they manage something that makes the trumpets look like they're spunking fire, if only to give them a purpose!

Reactions: GNL
The problem with our entries is that, someway or other, they lack conviction. And that lack of conviction only gives people a reason to forget you when it's time to vote.

If SuRie can't even muster a few sympathy points with her planned stage invasion, I'm not sure a few fireworks are going to do the trick.

The problem with our entries is that, someway or other, they lack conviction. And that lack of conviction only gives people a reason to forget you when it's time to vote.
I really feel like the BBC is the overriding issue. They've no intention of hosting again so they don't try, and that lack of ambition filters down to the acts themselves.

I really feel like the BBC is the overriding issue. They've no intention of hosting again so they don't try, and that lack of ambition filters down to the acts themselves.

Agree, which surprises me, because Britain, more than ever really, is obsessed with soft power. And what better exercise of soft power is there than hosting the Olympics of Music?

Agree, which surprises me, because Britain, more than ever really, is obsessed with soft power. And what better exercise of soft power is there than hosting the Olympics of Music?
It's a money issue, I think. The BBC needs to keep money aside to produce 300 episodes of Holby City a year to keep its dozens of fans happy, and spend the rest on failed singing show formats for the post-Christmas/spring season. The idea that we could do our own version of Melodifestivalen during that period hasn't seemed to cross their minds.

I don't think the BBC don't want to host it, I think they just stopped reading the room when the contest expanded post 2000. The audience changed.

I know it's rough to say, let's start sending attractive people. Look at Eurovision for staging, not Strictly. Stop going safe and stay away from novelty!

It's a money issue, I think. The BBC needs to keep money aside to produce 300 episodes of Holby City a year to keep its dozens of fans happy, and spend the rest on failed singing show formats for the post-Christmas/spring season. The idea that we could do our own version of Melodifestivalen during that period hasn't seemed to cross their minds.

With the BBC at the helm, we'd end up with a line up of Leanne Mitchells and Martine McCutcheon and the Nameless.

The wild thing is that BBC is generally quite GOOD at music content. Do they just assign people from The One Show to look after Eurovision or something?

I seem to recall someone saying before that the BBC Eurovision team is made of people from the Strictly Come Dancing team or something, so they aren't thinking ahead or doing anything at all with it while Strictly is in production.

Remember when we tried pyros in 2012 and Engelbert had those bizarre catherine wheels in the background?

Light up the ROOM
nuclear explosion GIF

Shortly to be followed by one of the arena marshals turning up and dumping a bucket of sand on them.

Roxen not even singing along to the music during the JURY show :D:(

Any other TIT BITS?
Everything else is seemingly brilliant according to them! The atmosphere in the arena is in their words, electric, what with the crowd. Some of them also see Sweden as a NQ, although that feels a bit far fetched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom