Eurovision 2021: The Rehearsals

I think giving us the opening slot would make sense narratively ('Out of the embers...') and also be the kindest thing they could do for us.

If we get shoved out in 5th then that's last place pretty much nailed on.

I know that Embers is actually quite ambitious staging by UK standards, but god that really looks like the most "will this do?" thing :(

The ambition began and ended when they ordered the trumpets. Literally nothing else happens!

I know that Embers is actually quite ambitious staging by UK standards, but god that really looks like the most "will this do?" thing :(

Yeah despite investing some money into it, it still looks like a dud. The white outfits look cheap, the lighting is too dark and the props are just THERE doing nothing.

• Sad
Reactions: COB
Just saw that French 2nd rehearsal clip

This your winner?

bbc africa bird GIF by Head Like an Orange

The big white ends of the trumpets look perfect for projecting something onto, or they could have had that bit of them made of LED screens or lights or SOMETHING!

What's worse than a giant stage without a prop? A stage with a POINTLESS giant prop!

I remain unconvinced that France will take it. it's going to need a massive jury vote if the televote isn't like Top 5(which I don't see)

That French clip is strange, unless there's a big build to that I don't think it'll connect with the voters at home.

Maybe she’ll get her tits out again. It worked for Javine in 2005.

I think giving us the opening slot would make sense narratively ('Out of the embers...') and also be the kindest thing they could do for us.
I agree about the narrative, but is it really strong enough to be the "Eurovision's back bitches" statement they want to make?

I'd have thought they'd put something like El Diablo on first; powerhouse song but not one of the very top favourites.

Talking of EL DIABLO, Elena has now moved past Switzerland in the odds, coincidentally at #6 now :disco::horny:

I have heard it. I think it is so much better than the UK song. What is the general consensus?
Oh it’s MUCH better than the UK. She’s in a strong semi final and her vocals have been... interesting at times. I think she could sneak through though.

Oh it’s MUCH better than the UK. She’s in a strong semi final and her vocals have been... interesting at times. I think she could sneak through though.

FINGERS CROSSED. @ me with the result on Tuesday please sweetheart?

Just a HEADS UP to those that might have been watching via YouTube, it’s geo-blocked in a number of countries including the UK and US (hi hi hi @RJN). There is a non-geo blocked German stream that people such as MYSELF that doesn’t have a TV can watch.

I mean there’s BBC iPlayer too but that’s often a minute or so behind which isn’t great if you’re on Moopy during the voting :D

https://www.eurovision.de/news/ESC-...nline-with-your-friends,watchtogether104.html

Just a HEADS UP to those that might have been watching via YouTube, it’s geo-blocked in a number of countries including the UK and US (hi hi hi @RJN). There is a non-geo blocked German stream that people such as MYSELF that doesn’t have a TV can watch.

I mean there’s BBC iPlayer too but that’s often a minute or so behind which isn’t great if you’re on Moopy during the voting :D

https://www.eurovision.de/news/ESC-...nline-with-your-friends,watchtogether104.html
Watch what?

I doubt semis and final are geo-blocked in UK, you'll be able to watch it live. In US is a different story tho.
Nope the YouTube streams are blocked in the UK this year too :(

Oh you can also watch in groups too :o

Only in groups of max. 4 people I believe? Nice idea though.

Usually, the SVT stream is not geoblocked either, this year Edward af Sillén (<3) and Christer Björkman are on commentating duties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom