Eurovision 2021: The Rehearsals

8YjTOJe.gif

what IS going on here? Did Cleopatra say Beetlejuice too many times?

My revised prediction for Semi Two

Safe

Iceland
Switzerland
Bulgaria
Greece

Strong

San Marino
Austria
Finland
Serbia

Borderline

Czech Republic
Denmark
----
Portugal
Latvia
Albania

Unlikely

Moldova
Georgia
Estonia
Poland

In a semi-final where you can make a genuine argument for all except about 4 not qualifying, I still think Denmark are safe as houses. The jury is a SLIGHT concern but it’s such a fun, colourful breath of fresh air at the end that I can’t see it not getting the televotes to compensate.

In a semi-final where you can make a genuine argument for all except about 4 not qualifying, I still think Denmark are safe as houses. The jury is a SLIGHT concern but it’s such a fun, colourful breath of fresh air at the end that I can’t see it not getting the televotes to compensate.

I keep defaulting to the utter travesty that is Quero ser tua being blocked from the finals by Juries, despite coming comfortably 6th on the televote.

I also think it's more likely to qualify than not, but I'm not ready to call them safe.

Here’s your daily update from Soldi :moira:

Today there’s the second rehearsals of the big five + Netherlands. After that, the individual rehearsals are over! :o

Reactions: VoR
Due to unforeseen circumstances I wasn’t around for the end of yesterday. Why have Switzerland dropped out of the top five in the odds, I thought it went well for him! :o

I think it's more that Bulgaria, Iceland and Italy pulled ahead.

Aside from the Violet Beuregarde moment the Swiss rehearsal was fine.

I keep defaulting to the utter travesty that is Quero ser tua being blocked from the finals by Juries, despite coming comfortably 6th on the televote.

I also think it's more likely to qualify than not, but I'm not ready to call them safe.

True but in my head this could come easily come 3rd in the televote.

Due to unforeseen circumstances I wasn’t around for the end of yesterday. Why have Switzerland dropped out of the top five in the odds, I thought it went well for him! :o

I think people were freaked out by how “busy” his rehearsal clip looks but that isn’t reflective of the whole thing apparently.

The performance snipped makes it look absolutely disastrous. I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t qualify at all.

OK Netherlands is VERY good. I don't think I noticed a lot of the dancing in the first rehearsal, but now it's really front and centre and it elevates the whole thing massively.

Confirmed - Big 5 will draw their slot in the finals today during their press conferences

Reminder that The Netherlands are already down to perform in 23rd place. The host nation always draws randomly.

Running order :moira:

First half

Second half
Germany
Italy
Netherlands (23)

Last edited:
Confirmed - Big 5 will draw their slot in the finals today during their press conferences
I think the UK could benefit from a first half position (and even being stuck on first). The (rumoured) flying trumpet gag might just then become a moment.

James just finished. It still screams accidental last, sorry @ButterTart :(

The energy just isn't there, the camera angles are messy and the backing track sounds so TINNY during the verses.

Not the worst thing this year, but easily one of the least inspiring.

They’ve not even bothered with any PYRO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom