Eurovision 2021: The Rehearsals

Goodness, if the UK finishes last again you do wonder what the excuses will be this time. We are rarely actively the worst these days, but it just never quite seems to come together, does it?

We’ve never finished last two years in a row have? :D

I just worry that BMG will fuck off and we’ll be back with a national final that has a budget of £10

Goodness, if the UK finishes last again you do wonder what the excuses will be this time. We are rarely actively the worst these days, but it just never quite seems to come together, does it?
In terms of the song we’re easily in the upper third of this year’s contestants. Shame we have to reinvent the wheel in order to escape the bottom five while other countries can pretty much coast.

We’ve never finished last two years in a row have? :D

I just worry that BMG will fuck off and we’ll be back with a national final that has a budget of £10
I can’t understand how ‘we’re coming last’ is the default setting. Nobody can possibly argue that we have anything close to the worst package this year.

I can’t understand how ‘we’re coming last’ is the default setting. Nobody can possibly argue that we have anything close to the worst package this year.
We don’t have anything that’ll get points though. It’s everyone’s middle favourite. At least Germany is MARMITE.

He's unappealing, the song isn't especially catchy or special, the staging is deeply underwhelming - big trumpets that don't do anything. Last place is absolutely deserved. It does deserve more points than @VoR's ex however.

We're just still stuck on BLAND, which is so rarely a points winner.
This really is it. It’s not a bad song but it isn’t going to get people picking up the phone. Dare I say it, I think ‘My Last Breath’ was better myself. It was vaguely anthemic.

In fact, it’s a bit of a ‘Black Smoke’ situation.

Also worth remembering that the UK is always in more danger of coming last because it's untested in the semis.

If we weren't big 5, I absolutely wouldn't expect it to qualify based on the competition. Italy, France and The Netherlands would sail through.

Germany SECOND HALF

Running order :moira:

First half

Second half
Germany
Italy
Netherlands (23)

We don’t have anything that’ll get points though. It’s everyone’s middle favourite. At least Germany is MARMITE.
I've never understood this argument. Who would have called Cesar Sampson or PROUD a favourite - either with the juries or the public? The fact that the song is objectively better than the majority this year shouldn't translate into automatic last place. We didn't come last with SuRie, Joe & Jake or Electro Velvet, and they were shite. We have a fun, insanely catchy, radio friendly song this year and no indication that the performance is bad, so how could we possibly be justified in coming last?

Sorry, I know I get my back up, I just get wound up by ceaseless negativity that isn't applied to other countries who are far more deserving of it.

Reactions: GNL
I'm remembering the standard Eurovision draw anxiety, as all the songs you don't care about draw second half and you're worried all your favourites will get shoved away at the start.

Really hoping Destiny is in the second half, then we'd have a proper contest.

First half

Second half
France
Germany
Italy
Netherlands (23)

United Kingdom FIRST HALF :basil:

First half
United Kingdom

Second half
France
Germany
Italy
Netherlands (23)

Confused Chrissy Teigen GIF

We’re so either opening the show or performing 12th between two favourites :D

I know that Embers is actually quite ambitious staging by UK standards, but god that really looks like the most "will this do?" thing :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom