Eurovision Rehearsals 2022

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

OH MY GOD INDEED! :disco: to INFINITY! R SAM FOR THE EUROGONG!

I was a bit worried about the guitar solo being added at the end but actually it’s more than fine. PHEW

I love that the guitar solo has absolutely no relation to the studio version and they just threw it in to take the whole performance to the next level.

Maybe if James had bothered to play one of those giant trumpets, this year's Eurovision would be live from the Bradford Alhambra.

I really don’t think Ukraine are going to win. I’m unconvinced by the odds and even less convinced that people will vote on a sympathy basis to show their support. Also you just know that some of the more hardcore juries will be thinking VY ARE ZEY NOT AT HOME FIGHTING FOR COUNTRY (I’m not actually thinking of our Teutonic friends here despite the V and the Z)

I really don’t think Ukraine are going to win. I’m unconvinced by the odds and even less convinced that people will vote on a sympathy basis to show their support. Also you just know that some of the more hardcore juries will be thinking VY ARE ZEY NOT AT HOME FIGHTING FOR COUNTRY (I’m not actually thinking of our Teutonic friends here despite the V and the Z)
Hardly - the juries are mostly THEATRE GAYS AND SINGING TEACHERS :D

Alas those Sam clips have been taken down so I missed the magic. Frothing at the reaction on here of course.

Sounds like his prop takes a long time to assemble though; could mean he gets the slot after an ad break?

Alas those Sam clips have been taken down so I missed the magic. Frothing at the reaction on here of course.

Sounds like his prop takes a long time to assemble though; could mean he gets the slot after an ad break?
Maybe.. but the San Marino, Australia and Cyprus all have big props and they’re next to each other in the running order, and they had a short break before Armenia (the last song of the night) on Tuesday.

Reactions: D5K
Maybe.. but the San Marino, Australia and Cyprus all have big props and they’re next to each other in the running order, and they had a short break before Armenia (the last song of the night) on Tuesday.

I mean it sort of has to be like that, otherwise people would try to get better spots by forcing the producers’ hands by bringing props

There must be some rule about how long your clobber takes to set up and how many people you need to do it.

Unless Sam is wheeling the cage/wings out himself.

For what it’s worth Germany took longer to set up than the UK last night.

ALSO I saw something about Corny having some difficulties with staging or something, do we have any ON THE SCENE TAKES?

It’s not that she’s having trouble herself. Basically that performance is incredibly reliant on the camerawork being perfect, and the Italians just haven’t managed to nail it. The steadicam opening shot is decidedly unsteady, and the stagehands are frequently being caught on camera turning her spinning disc around, which rather breaks the illusion. :bruised:

Seen the whole performance now, ignore what I said that tiny bit was like the only part that looked bad and it doesn't affect the performance at all.

It looks like a winner's reprise already, holy shit.

It does look fantastic and I´m doing my upmost not to raise my expectations to avoid potential dissapointment come Saturday night.

I do think juries are going to love it though(hopefully!). What makes me nervous is the televote. The UK is very untested there, and add the fact that we fall into that group of countries that really needs to WOW people in order to get their votes..yeah im trying to be cautious.

Is the rehearsal footage available anywhere else, since the earlier links were deleted?

This all reminds me, it's probably about time to start drinking to make tonight's inevitable shitshow vaguely tolerable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom