Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samwell Tarly

• Tormund Giantsbane

• Yara Greyjoy

• Total voters
Jon's old man voice was more wearying than ever.

The dragon riding was not what I am here for, and the awkward Arya-Gendry flirtation needs to be left right there. It was great to have it back though and I quite enjoyed the sequence of reunions. Even Euron didn't annoy me as much as he used to, it seemed like he had toned it down a bit. The Theon rescue as a big fat meh though.

I was hoping Arya would turn out to be a DYKE. She's still one of the best characters. I love her journey

I had it my head that Yara was dead already. Apparently not.

Also kind of hoping that Blackfish is still alive. They claimed to kill him but we never saw it.

I only just realized Brienne was shown in the episode. why didn't you say hello, Brienne of Tarth?!

Yes I was surprised Brienne and Sansa didn't have a conversation about Littlefinger

It was alright. Glad to have it back but yes the writing fell off a cliff last season and there were iffy moments here. Might be because the books stopped at the end of season 6 but these people have been writing for these characters for years now so I'm surprised. I guess it's just because there's not much time for nuance and depth anymore and it's all one big RUSH to the end.

Plus for a show of this scale, this far in it must be really fucking hard not to descend into fan-fiction territory.

Anyway Sansa and Cersei were the clear top 2 of the week. It's quite fortunate that even if you couldn't give a fuck about some main characters (piss off Arya) there's plenty of others to choose from.

Also Euron in me now ten times over please :horny:

Her psycho revenge mission has become DULL AS especially after spending what feels like every season watching angrily from the side lines. Apart from the season she spent in the face-changing place which was even worse.

Arya to end up like daddy please. Now that would be a lovely, classic GoT shocker which I hope they don't forget to deliver a few of before the end.

Cersei needs a Jill from Nighty Night style exit. Have them all arrested, executed and hurl herself off a cliff, bouncing into a dinghy as she smirks away into the sunset.

Fuck the prophecy.

Season 7 had very few actual shocks. Like: they definitely should have killed off Jaime when he appeared to die last season. I was genuinely disappointed when he didn't die. Same for Jon Snow. I HATE 'they died but came back to life' things in all shows.

Season 8 better deliver some shockers.

The hype from websites like the BBC is winding me up too...

Was this Game of Thrones truth bomb the greatest TV reveal of all time?
Er no... seeing as it wasn't a reveal at all for the audience. If we'd found out at the same time as Jon then YES it would have been a huge moment, but to suggest it's the greatest reveal of all time in any show ever... it was pedestrian.

And this latest episode was filled with plenty more dramatic moments and revelations, including the death-stare showdown between Jaime 'Kingslayer' Lannister and Bran 'Three-Eyed Raven' Stark.
Right... Maybe I'm being unfair here, but I've never really felt that a 'death stare' is a dramatic moment or revelation... :D

Reactions: SDF
It was a nice build-up but I'm not here for cheesy soap opera à la the dragon ride or stapling lesbian avenger Arya with the fat king's bastard. :wired:

I hope Cersei burns them all down with wildfire! :disco: And she really wants the elephants! :evil:

You guys realise that Cersei is the baddie, right? She's certainly entertaining to watch but if the show is planning to be remotely narratively conventional, which it mostly has been since departing from the books, then she is clearly going to lose.

Oh yes the prophecy said that she’s would be killed by her “little brother” right? It is most certainly going to be Jamie.

Although I’d rather it was Queen Sansa

it will have to be Jamie for maximum effect :disco: let's also remember that Tyrion is actually a Targaryen :side-eye:

Yes, Cersei is the baddie. I just find the Jon storyline so boring.

Yeah you're a Targaryen. Now get stomped by one of Cersei's elephants.

Who do you think is the first one to die, of the big names? Can we have a vote?

That was a good episode, a bit fan service-y but I felt it was earned as everyone will die next week.

I didn’t need to see Arya have sex.

Sansa is killing it and her reunion with Theon was a fav. Jon is so dumb telling Dany about his parentage before the fight.

Brienne is also great.

Surely anyone who’s got the slightest bit of positive outlook post next week is due to die?
Recently knighted Brienne, deeply in love grey worm or Messandrei, Danny and Jon, Arya and Gendry.
Nobody ever ends up happy in this show.

Then there’s a whole swathe of secondary characters who are prime for the chop.

Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Jamie and Sansa will live, I’m 50/50 on Arya. She would be an impactful death since most of the A level cast will most likely survive.

I agree with the Arya humping. I hate when shows superimpose a romantic/sexual relationship where it is really not needed AT ALL, just because, you know, can't have a female and male in the same scene without a good ol' time in the hay, aye?!

Dany's kinda cornered now by Jon's revelation, I have a hard time seeing how they can both live, but I agree on the rest of the bunch. Arya will at least have to stab some one her list before she goes. unless her direwolf suddenly shows up and saves the day :o

I'm glad we were graced with ser Brienne this episode

To die: Beric, Tormund ( :( ), Gendry, Royce, Grey Worm & Missandei (sealed their fate by planning for the future), Hound, Theon, Edd.

Basically I dont think next week will see any A-listers die, but a lot of B listers.

Also: I reckon the dead Starks will rise from the crypt and cause chaos amongst the women & children.

I would love it if Melisandre shows up with a bunch of red priests to save the day.

I think the Hound will live to go fight his brother down south.

Poor Daenerys, it feels like she's going to lose everything by the end of the season. Lost a dragon, Jon is coming for her throne and QUEEN Sansa is snatching the north from her :disco:

I mean COME ON :disco:
Sansa-Stark-Season-8-801.jpg

Isn’t Sansa the best thing about this season

I loved the Brienne ark but this makes me worry for her future :(

I reckon she might die saving Jamie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom