GB News and Talk TV šŸ¤¬

Oh, gross. :argh: I play the lottery and I buy Warburtons tiger bread (because no others fit in the TOASTER) and Kenco coffee (because it's NOT NESTLƉ)

WWF? WTF?

Hello!

Popping out of previous Eurovision lurking as thereā€™s loads of chat about these poor unfortunate brands that have ended up advertising on this shitshow of a channel everywhere and for once all the boycott chat is a bit wrong. They wonā€™t have actively chosen to be on the channel, they get it as part of a package of channels and the ads are placed automatically. Just unlucky. After this has all kicked off I imagine many of them will be desperately trying to get rid mind.

(advertising is my job)

Your muesli eating is safe :)

I use Octopus Energy because they're GREEN AND STUFF

Although i still haven't figured out how a specific energy company can guarantee all their electricity comes from renewable sources when it all comes through the same set of cables.

Reactions: D5K
Hello!

Popping out of previous Eurovision lurking as thereā€™s loads of chat about these poor unfortunate brands that have ended up advertising on this shitshow of a channel everywhere and for once all the boycott chat is a bit wrong. They wonā€™t have actively chosen to be on the channel, they get it as part of a package of channels and the ads are placed automatically. Just unlucky. After this has all kicked off I imagine many of them will be desperately trying to get rid mind.

(advertising is my job)

Your muesli eating is safe :)
First post in 9 years!

Didnt realise it had been THAT LONG! Iā€™m regularly reading for the pop chat still but out of the loop on you all otherwise...

BTW you do totally choose if you buy ads in the MAIL and other papers so if you fancy boycotting those brands, FEEL FREE!

Oh, gross. :argh: I play the lottery and I buy Warburtons tiger bread (because no others fit in the TOASTER) and Kenco coffee (because it's NOT NESTLƉ)

WWF? WTF?
Get a new toaster!

My toaster is PERFECTLY ADEQUATE, I just need people to stop making loaves that are SIX FOOT WIDE

I use Octopus Energy because they're GREEN AND STUFF

Although i still haven't figured out how a specific energy company can guarantee all their electricity comes from renewable sources when it all comes through the same set of cables.
Weird boring balancing issues where they pay renewable generators to generate the equivalent of what their customers use. So they ensure that there is enough renewables on the grid, but not necessarily that the stuff that reaches you is renewable

Weird boring balancing issues where they pay renewable generators to generate the equivalent of what their customers use. So they ensure that there is enough renewables on the grid, but not necessarily that the stuff that reaches you is renewable

Yeah i figured as much, but I prefer to complain like a baffled old man.

I want GREEN CABLES DIRECT FROM A WIND TURBINE

Not trying to stealing your thunder @lolly

overnights.tv
@overnightstv
I'm sure lots (possibly not all...) eyes would have been on the launch of GB News last night... The figures are in: Welcome to GB News at 8pm attracted 261,900, 1.7%. A good start.

The 2nd show for the launch of #GBNews last night was #TonightLive with #danwootton. An avge of 152k/1.31% viewed, and it peaked at 271,100 at 10pm.

Total reach for GB News launch between 8pm and midnight was 834,000 4+. Half a million were aged 55+, and just 81k were 16-34.

I watched five mins this morning. They were interviewing Simon Weston on the 39th anniversary of the liberation of Port Stanley.

Total reach for GB News launch between 8pm and midnight was 834,000 4+. Half a million were aged 55+, and just 81k were 16-34.

LOL! Most advertisers are only interested in 18-49s. Won't take long before every channel is filled with those ubiquitous life insurance ads. I'll look forward to the incoming sponsorship deals with SAGE, Stannah Stairlifts and Werthers Originals

It'll die down.

Although i've seen the Guardian and independent run articles on it already. Just shut the fuck up lads and let it drown.

Yeah if anything, the viewing figures are due to initial interest. The way it was reported youā€™d think the BBC and Sky News were finished.

I really donā€™t think this is going to die out any time soon. Anyone who canā€™t see the clear audience for this is shutting their eyes, sticking their fingers in their ears and going ā€œlalalalaā€ - once again.

I can see all the showy brand boycott stuff playing RIGHT into their hands too and feeding its viewersā€™ woke warrior cancel culture fantasies.

Reactions: dUb
I really donā€™t think this is going to die out any time soon. Anyone who canā€™t see the clear audience for this is shutting their eyes, sticking their fingers in their ears and going ā€œlalalalaā€ - once again.

There's definitely a clear audience but it's unknown yet as to whether they'll bother.

A large chunk of the initial viewing figures is people wanting to take a peek at the car crash they've been told is happening (including many people in this thread)

I think the success of this will be based on who they get on and then how well they can amplify the angry noises they make on social. So far that isnā€™t going so well.

This has got to be absolutely fucked from the off after this. What advertiser isn't going to be running for the doors after this?!

ā€œWe need to make our presenters seem less repulsive. Quick. Get a posh woman on to defend a paedophile.ā€

I can see all the showy brand boycott stuff playing RIGHT into their hands too and feeding its viewersā€™ woke warrior cancel culture fantasies.
It was a bit of a dodgy proposition before the above either way. There isn't really a big audience for 24 hours news here - if there was, why wouldn't you watch Sky News? It's not as if there was a lack of the voice they were saying they'd be giving exposure on there. If the market was there for it, News UK would've done it by now.

If we were looking for evidence that a chunk of the audience so far is just taking the piss out of them...Bart Simpson seems to be phoning in...

Oh I really hope the TikTok teens catch on and troll them relentlessly :D

I do agree with this. We do unfortunately have enough armchair racists in this country to keep them afloat, and if they can gather enough offensive soundbites the socially active left will keep giving them free publicity. Huffpost have been all over them since they launched covering all the mockery, but all theyā€™re doing is keeping them relevant in the news cycle.

Oh god itā€™s total cringe. Itā€™s like something Julia Davis or Ricky Gervais thought up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom