Georgia 2023: Iru - Echo

What a letdown, we wanted this

1E2NJ

Why doesn’t she just do it in Georgian? It’s not as if singing in the foreign is any barrier to winning although the shrill vocals might be :tongueout:

Why doesn’t she just do it in Georgian? It’s not as if singing in the foreign is any barrier to winning although the shrill vocals might be :tongueout:

The thing is, this girl can speak PERFECT English otherwise, so it doesn't make sense that the lyrics are so nonsensical at all. Unless it's intentional... :side-eye:

This has mysteriously disappeared from streaming services. I wonder if they are changing the lyrics :eyes:

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: Zu
Here is Iru’s live performance from Barcelona. Impressive. I think this could improve on their best ever result of 9th. It kinda reminds me a bit of Love Wave for some reason.

She’s a great singer but I find it quite SHOUTY and quite an ENDURANCE TEST to sit through.

Reactions: Zu
This really is quite the hard listen. I think I'm entertained while it's happening and god knows the bar for getting through is low towards the lower 9th/10th end of that semi, but the more I think about it the more I genuinely wonder WHO this is actually appealing to.

This really is quite the hard listen. I think I'm entertained while it's happening and god knows the bar for getting through is low towards the lower 9th/10th end of that semi, but the more I think about it the more I genuinely wonder WHO this is actually appealing to.
DARK CARNIVAL

This ended up being a fairly obvious NQ didn't it?
Albania, Armenia and Estonia all took various similar elements and did it so much BETTER!

I feel sad for her as they clearly put effort in this year and she's so young, perhaps more attention to WIGS and FASHIONS (not to mention a more interesting stage show) would have helped.

Yeah I think the staging really let this one down. It was all a bit nothingy. The last 30 seconds picked it up but I think by then it was too late. I do think it just missed out on the final though. I think this came 11th or 12th.

Really sad for (G)ERU, the end was quite powerful but the staging before that was non-existent :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom