German schlager

Totally agree with 2-4, though not sure of the order. I'd put Vanessa Mai up there too. Although she's probably gone more pop than schlager these days, since she left Dieter Bohlen, but here's a few of her highlights:

(this sounds SO Eurovision)

WARUM O WARUM O WARUM is Queen Berg's hot new album not on UK iTunes? The bloody CD hasn't arrived yet and if I don't hear the entirety of 'Hallo Houston' before the end of the day I'm going to have to kill myself :argh::argh::argh:

I’m slightly devastated to have to report that the new Amanda Berg album isn’t all that, and I think the magic of the Berg was actually and inevitably the magic of the BOHLEN. I mean poor dear sad old DJ Bobo does her best but it’s just NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Also, what the fuck is homophobic anti-semite Xavier Naidoo doing on there? :oi:

Which means that Maite Kelly now propels herself to #1 in my Schlager heart with her exquisite goods and slightly bizarre personality. GOODNESS WHAT A WOMAN! :disco:

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if a lot (if not exactly all) of it is a bit tatty and disappointing, I propose we all raise a pint of Schnapps to Miss Angela Berg who, thanks to hot new album ‘Mosaik’ being greedily released on multiple formats AS PER, is celebrating her NINTH German #1 album in a row (discounting compilations). WURST HOCH DARLIN’! :disco::disco::disco:

Deutschmark-grabbing wench Ange hasn’t put any of her new songs on YouTube because she wants to milk every last Pfennig out of her bewildered fans, so here’s an old one we’ve had before to get the sizzling online Schlager celebration party started :disco:

I’ll be in the corner DRINKING GERMAN WIIIIIIIIIINE

I spent a good hour watching videos in this thread last night, with my brain feeling somewhat like I'd had a lobotomy post-Eurovision.

It really is remarkable how they manage to make SO MANY SONGS sound EXACTLY the same :disco:
I particularly enjoyed the schlager girlband. With schlager and cheap dance music seemingly INTERTWINED these days it's almost like the glory days of the Swedish stuff never went away :disco:

Quite why Germany isn't exploiting this HOT GENRE at Eurovision every single year I do not understand.

• Love
Reactions: Zu
I spent a good hour watching videos in this thread last night, with my brain feeling somewhat like I'd had a lobotomy post-Eurovision.

It really is remarkable how they manage to make SO MANY SONGS sound EXACTLY the same :disco:
I particularly enjoyed the schlager girlband. With schlager and cheap dance music seemingly INTERTWINED these days it's almost like the glory days of the Swedish stuff never went away :disco:

Quite why Germany isn't exploiting this HOT GENRE at Eurovision every single year I do not understand.

:disco: although don't start me (again) on why Germany don't bother with it at Eurovision. Instant 12s from Austria and Switzerland (although probably no-one else :tongueout:)! The FOOLS!

Norman Langen released a new single today, he's sticking with the Spanish sound and it's not strictly schlager anymore, but this really is an excellent pop song so wanted to share anyway!

Beatrice Egli's best of, the wonderfully named BUNT, caught my eye while browsing Amazon.

:disco: :D

• Love
Reactions: Zu
Why does nobody tell me about these remixes? We have the whole lot here. Ludicrously overegged staging! Sobbing, easily stirred fans! Mitklatschen! BASSFLOW! :disco:

I am once again irritated and impressed by DIE BERG’s refusal to put everything on Spotify :disco:

Actually one of the Maite Kelly albums is missing as well but here’s DU GEWINNST feat. exciting key change :disco:

Also @Moderator can this chat parlour be moved into POP please. This isn’t HAZELL DEAN we’re (well, I’m :disco:) discussing!

To the certain interest of nobody except myself, I've been minded to check what my Schlagerfrauen have been up to and I especially love this one :disco:

Also, a new Andrea Berg album in July which I supposedly can't order from the poxy Vereinigtes Königreich :oi:

Never mind (HE SAYS :evil:), she's been taking inspiration on the sparkly fashions front from LOBODA :disco:

Do we need a seperate thread for the glamorous sister-genre that is DUTCH SCHLAGER?

This red hot floorfiller is currently #2 on Spotify Netherlands.

SEND IT TO EUROVISION!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom