Glastonbury 2022

Glad to see a decent crowd so early, SHAME ON THE BBC for not covering it!!!

Of course not, the focus appears to be on some other well-known singer who used to be in a band or something? 💅

And to add insult to injury this SHAMEFUL LACK OF COVERAGE is during Pride Month as well!

I would have been writing a letter of complaint to Points of View. Let's face it though we all know Queen Samira Ahmed would have agreed with us whilst Jeremy Vine would be all like 'oh but er yah yah'.

Self Esteem is coming up on the John Peel stage at 15.15. They are actually streaming it now.

Stood on that beach
In Chicago
Woke up next to you,
On Silver Lake Avenue
Wherever I went, I always knew always knew
'Til I didn't know

Why do I do this to myself every time?
I know the wait ends
Before it's even begun
I am the only one at the finish line

:(

Back to Skin now with her iconic brand of CLIT ROCK.

Let's do it fellow Charlie Big Potatoers.

• Love
Reactions: COB
Self Esteem really is just background. The songs are all OK.

Should I be excited by this? I think my excitement peaked with Confidence Man today.

I wrote elsewhere about Roisin and Jessie clashing. It really is outrageous. Although we should be thankful that they’re both headlining their stages at Glastonbury in 2022.

I expect Jessie to be packed to the rafters. Lots of buzz about her appearance tonight on social media. Everyone I know who is going is forgoing the main stage for Jessus.

I’m reading that they really misjudged demand for Sugababes and had to keep people out.

But it may just be a bunch of @dUb’s burner accounts on Twitter.

No I read that too. They had to close access to the area.

• Love
Reactions: VoR
I was looking for Skunk Anansie's set on BBC Sounds and think I was a bit early as it wasn't there yet, but they DO have their Glastonbury 1999 headlining set and that's really been hitting the spot on my afternoon walk :disco:

I’m reading that they really misjudged demand for Sugababes and had to keep people out.

They did the same with Bananarama didn't they - they just need to have a hoopla stage

Had to remind myself but only Roisin clashes directly with Paul McCartney, Jessie starts and finishes after both of them so she should pull quite a crowd

:RavenQueen:

523BAE01-B5CC-407C-8339-C29E39CDAD62.jpeg

I think about a third of my colleagues are there this year. Glad I'm not back at work next week so I don't have to hear them droning on about it.

I think about a third of my colleagues are there this year. Glad I'm not back at work next week so I don't have to hear them droning on about it.

The worst part of Glastonbury. The post festival Cult Of Glasto chatter and in jokes. :zombie:

I'm more of a low key festival type of gal myself, like End of The Road or Green Man.
I like Victorious as a mainstream-ish one as it's also relatively local.
The biggest one I've been to was IoW and it was fun but I wouldn't want to do it again really.
But Glastonbury for me is always one to watch on TV. The only exception would have been if Madonna did it but that ship has sailed now.

I'm more of a low key festival type of gal myself, like End of The Road or Green Man.
I like Victorious as a mainstream-ish one as it's also relatively local.
The biggest one I've been to was IoW and it was fun but I wouldn't want to do it again really.
But Glastonbury for me is always one to watch on TV. The only exception would have been if Madonna did it but that ship has sailed now.
Yes, I love watching it. There's nearly always an act or two I either discover or am only vaguely aware of and then think WOW. But I genuinely can't think of many places I'd less like to be now.

I don't do festivals either unless they are day things but I have been eyeing up Isle of Wight festival - I've definitely reached that age.

I like Greta but she needs to edit her message. She’s like the crazy man who stands outside Oxford Circus with a megaphone. Get on with it!

And now I need to explore Holly Humberstone some more, who I've never heard of before.

I don't do festivals either unless they are day things but I have been eyeing up Isle of Wight festival - I've definitely reached that age.

Well exactly. I went when I reached that age (a few years ago, I am a bit more seasoned in the ways of this world than our Halli :eyes: )

Naturally of course I did not camp nor glamp. We AirB&B'd it at a plush cottage and had a designated driving non-drinker on the holiday with us. That's the way to do it love :disco:

I saw Glass Animals a few years ago. They were great then. Lovely seeing them have their heat waves (in the middle of June) moment now.

Just watched a bit of Beabadoobee - how come I've never heard of her? She's right up my street! :disco:

Well exactly. I went when I reached that age (a few years ago, I am a bit more seasoned in the ways of this world than our Halli :eyes: )

Naturally of course I did not camp nor glamp. We AirB&B'd it at a plush cottage and had a designated driving non-drinker on the holiday with us. That's the way to do it love :disco:

That's really what I want to do - be carted off to a nice B&B or Airbnb after each day. :disco:
I think I am holding out for All Saints next albam cycle to headline.

Watching St Etienne. In my head Sarah always looked about 28 :(

Obviously wall to wall pop anthems.

I've just realised I've NEVER SEEN THEM LIVE! :o

Blossoms & Melanie C doing Spice Up Your Life was a fucking treat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom