J. K. Rowling and other TERFs

I wonder if JK will be taking her newly acquired Macy CDs down to the charity shop

I mean at least she’s willing to learn and educate herself. Which is more than what a lot of other TERFS do.

Dying at mega cunt and super TERF Julie Bindel suggesting not to pick a new PM purely based on transphobia and the terfs absolutely maul her :D

I'm not 100% convinced, but she's by far and away from JK who would've just doubled down.

And I wholeheartedly agree that admission of being wrong and learning from it should be encouraged. There is too much lately in the way of "oh soandso said thing and now they're irredeemable" or "they said this shitty thing 10 years ago so let's cancel them for it now".

I wonder if JK will be taking her newly acquired Macy CDs down to the charity shop

At least she's not doubling down and it was important she said it on behalf of others, but it reads like someone who was thrown onto a stage by a record label to avoid losing their deal.

There was one part where it sounded a little suspiciously politician like, I think she said something like "I'm sorry people felt that way about what I said" which is kinda the usual weasel politician non-apology stuff.
But eh, benefit of the doubt until she proves otherwise.

At least she's not doubling down and it was important she said it on behalf of others, but it reads like someone who was thrown onto a stage by a record label to avoid losing their deal.

Agreed. What she said before was mean-spirited and shitty, and the fact she prefaced it at the time with "everybody's gonna hate me but..." shows she knew what she was saying. I think she just didn't take into account the impact that it would have (or look to have) on her already meagre career, hence this non-apology.

God, the TERF wars are rotting all of our brains. Who really gives a shit about MACY GRAY in 2022???

She can't say the word trans and doesn't say what she's learned. Then again, this is the person who can't say goodbye without tumbling down the stairs choking.

Do they just put the broomstick between their legs and go wheeee? It’s a stupid fucking game anyway, only the snitch is important

I think it's a matter of not having to pay fees to use the word she coined in the book. But, seriously, get another hobby.

The world was a far better place before Harry Potter.

That this has become a so-called global sport is hilarious - Gen Z and their zany ways. :eyes:

I loved Harry Potter. The general "stand up to bullies" message was lovely too.

Just a shame the author turned into one herself. I try to separate the art from the artist but the main thing is not giving her any more money to fund the ivory tower she spews her crap from.
There are so many other things to be interested in / watch / read that I don't feel any particular need to follow HP any further but if I did, I'd just pirate it and let myself enjoy the work. I think anything Galbraith onwards is probably tainted with her weird obsession now though, thinly veiled anti-trans messaging etc. So while I'm not going to burn her e-books (lol), have no particular desire to read any new content either.
I'd say I still enjoy the movies also but they've been repeated so much they've worn thin at this point.

The world was a far better place before Harry Potter.

That this has become a so-called global sport is hilarious - Gen Z and their zany ways. :eyes:

I think millennials are more the quidditch quadball playing demographic.

I was always told I was gen X but when I looked up the commonly used definitions (well, apart from the even more common misuse of 'millennial' and 'boomer' to mean pretty much left and right wing) found that I'm a very early millennial. And a twat :)

I was always told I was gen X but when I looked up the commonly used definitions (well, apart from the even more common misuse of 'millennial' and 'boomer' to mean pretty much left and right wing) found that I'm a very early millennial. And a twat :)
We’re Xennials. The later millennials don’t have the same memories of growing up in the pre-digital age, whereas our school years were still using Windows 3.1 or even computers on trolleys in the hallways. It’s quite a big difference and we definitely relate to later Gen X more.

Always worth pointing out I always thought Harry Potter was a bunch of shite.
I liked the third book. First two were shitty kid stuff and couldn’t make it beyond first 20 pages of fourth book. The films were awful but only ever saw the first one and I had a “has anyone tried the chicken” face on me the whole time

I would have been 20 when the first book came out. Probably 10 years too old, even by then.

I preferred both Twilight and Hunger Games, and I was 10+ years older when those came out.

YA fiction is so interesting to study as a genre. So many social trends start there.

6D88D869-7C32-42D0-93E4-26B5787158AF.jpeg

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I can't condone death threats, but she has to know the damage she's caused. SHE DIDN'T HAVE TO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom