Kate's Hot Mess Hits TONIGHT 8pm

I saw her at Koko before it burned down again. The audience was at least 90% French. Underrated by British cunts!

Everything Everything - MY KZ, UR BF (2010)

EE's debut album was a masterpiece of falsetto weirdness. This song is about being a side-piece in a war-torn country. The singer and his shag are caught by her boyfriend just as a bomb goes off. Standard.

And lest we forget she does the talky bit at the beginning of What it Feels Like For A Girl
Oh I was gonna say this but thought it would met with an eyeroll and a WE KNOW! :D

I LOVE the first album by Everything Everything but it really went to shit after that. I tried their follow up once and didn't like it at all. Might give a re-go.

I see Raymond apart
He's frowning now, wagging a finger at me
His knees bend the other way and
Are you guys together honey?
Oh but now I can't find his torso
I guess you're separated

David Bowie - Love Is Lost (Hello Steve Reich Mix by James Murphy) (2013)

Be grateful I haven't tortured you with the 10 minute version.

I love the way the clapping mixes in and out of the beat. Very, very nice.

I had no idea this one had a video / was a single. Personally I prefer all the other singles from The Next Day but also good to hear this remix and see this video for the first time. It's creepy!

Ooh and now Ashes to Ashes!

I’m an impatient witch with an abbreviated attention span so I’ve had a look through the playlist and OMG the song second from last is one of my favourite songs EVER! Captures that badly fucked up vibe immaculately. Bravo @Kate! :disco:

Hot Chip - Huarache Lights (2015)

FUN FACT: Alexis off of Hot Chip sometimes turns up to the music quiz at the Lexington pub which we were regulars at before virusy bollocks. We usually beat him :)

This isn’t bad to be fair.

I can confirm I've just cracked open some cheap fizzy wine. Will bugger off soon though as I am expecting a call.

Will be back though, my Friday night family.

I have yet to crack open a beer since getting in. I would like to make it to the end.

Hot Chip - Huarache Lights (2015)

FUN FACT: Alexis off of Hot Chip sometimes turns up to the music quiz at the Lexington pub which we were regulars at before virusy bollocks. We usually beat him :)
I have a Hot Chip link to! One of my old housemates in halls in my first year of uni was the sister of one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom