Kylie - Say Something

I don't hate it now. She looks a bit bloated lying down in the sparkly catsuit though.

The song remains an 11.

Last edited:
No @Zu-Klara, please don't. It's too early in the day for this kind of encounter:

tumblr_ms4mdxRSLk1qhtc17o6_250.gif

My mum just phoned me to ask whether I’m enjoying the new Kylie video. “Well to be honest with you Mum,” I said. “I’d prefer it if the fat cunt didn’t look like a beached whale who’d been at the pies when she’s lying down in that sparkly thing.” :)

I know she's partial to PRINGLES whilst watching a film and she may have indulged a bit during lockdown as WE ALL HAVE

My mum just phoned me to ask whether I’m enjoying the new Kylie video. “Well to be honest with you Mum,” I said. “I’d prefer it if the fat cunt didn’t look like a beached whale who’d been at the pies when she’s lying down in that sparkly thing.” :)

Hmm I think the convo may have gone more like this:

'No mother, I am too busy getting my pink frilly knickers in a twist over Madonna's cultural appropriation in 1990. Come to think of it mother, Kylie has got a big bottom and curly hair in this video, CANCEL IT!'

Maybe SOME PEOPLE (@Suedey and @Halli) should be going back and catching up on SpiceKaraokeVision because they'd probably quite enjoy it and I was going for a snarky tone in this post but they're two of my favourites and I don't know how to end it so let's have a :evil:

Reactions: Zu
:D I think we should have a hot new trend for posting things which we don’t know how to end :disco:

Reactions: COB
The video isn't doing it for me either, agreed it is more of a tour backdrop / photoshoot feel than a video for a lead single. But it's a pandemic, etc.

In other news, the song is growing on me still.

I think the video is perfectly fine for the the song.

And I really don't get the criticisms of how she looks either, she looks AMAZING. :confused:

acoustic version out at midnight. actually interested to see what they did with this

Say Something remains stellar for me. I'd probably rank it in my Kylie top 5.

acoustic version out at midnight. actually interested to see what they did with this

I trust from Kylie it will be a proper re-recorded acoustic version and not one of those cobbled together affairs with the original vocals.

Oh the arrangement on the acoustic version is so dreamy, warm and lovely. It's fantastic. I prefer the new vocal too.

The "love is love, it never ends" bit is fucking homosexual fantasy now.

Yeah, I’m with HLT. It’s good but I prefer the original.

It does however emphasise what a cracker the song is.

The acoustic version is gorgeous. The slightly different direction on the 'love is love' section really works here.

This would also be wonderful for an at home performance or two, if people are still doing those.

Listening to the original, I really wish it would end on “love is love, it never ends”. It doesn’t need the “...as one again” line and it’s clashing with me. That or just “we can be as one.” would DO.

I think "again" is pertinent actually, particularly given the current crisis.

The acoustic version IS fantastic but I miss all the extra instrumental layers.

The acoustic isn't doing so much for me, I'm afraid. I mean I'm happy enough we've got it, but I imagine it will go the way of Abbey Road versions in terms of ever choosing to listen to it.

I can’t even be arsed listening to the acoustic version but just to say this track is one of the songs of the year

never thought I’d catch myself saying that about Kylie in 2020, but here we are!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom