London Mayoral Election: 2 May 2024

VoR

Take it or leave it

On London, Jeremy Corbyn is hinting heavily that he'll run for Mayor as an independent. Not sure how that would turn out. Surely it could only benefit the Conservatives, though?

Last edited:
On London, Jeremy Corbyn is hinting heavily that he'll run for Mayor as an independent. Not sure how that would turn out. Surely it could only benefit the Conservatives, though?
Any goodwill I once had for Corbyn continues to ebb away - fuck OFF.

Reactions: VoR

:nononono:

Is he determined to ensure the Tories stay in power?

:eyes:

Love him being whipped for this imaginary outcome and he hasn’t even announced he’s running! :D

Reactions: COB
Electorates aren't completely stupid when it comes to tactical voting. If he stood and polling looked like that, I imagine there would be a sizable tactical vote to prevent the Tory on the day.

Only a one percentage point drop between the Lib Dems under the two scenarios is unrealistic.

That being said, I’ve relied on the electorate not to be stupid before and they managed to elect Johnson several times, inexplicably withdraw the UK from the EU in exchange for magic beans, and pick Scooch over Cyndi.

Unless I am missing something 32% on FPTP for the Tories, in the non-Corbyn scenario, seems fanciful.

It won't be that close even without Corbyn.
I agree. Tories polling in London ahead of where they are nationally is just plainly incorrect. They’ll be lucky to hold much inside Greater London come the GE (maybe Beckenham, Bromley but everywhere else they are going to up against it).

It’s not a major polling company, and the sample looks a bit weird. Here’s criticism from Survatiom:

We can’t get enough of Susan here in glitterin’ Kensington and Chelsea

Kratz running for mayor.

IMG_3734.gif

Why are they smearing Susan Hall already? We need to leave it until it’s too late for the Tories to pick a replacement.

BIG SUZE nailing it once again :disco:

Amazed they haven't pulled the plug TBH

Indeed.

There hasn’t been a load of polling for the mayoralty, and it has been a little all over the place, but considering this is now FPTP, Khan should win comfortably.

Worth remembering that Shaun Bailey ran him unexpectedly and dangerously close last time. Very different context of time though.

I mean, surely not that many people care enough to vote in a Mayoral election, and those that do may disproportionately be those in Zone 12 who pop an artery every time they think about CLEAN AIR ZONES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom