Madame X Tour

Clearly it's a medical condition (probably not just the one) but with the postponed start of the tour and the multiple other cancellations and show postponements, even the hardcore fans are getting super annoyed now.

I don't know if it's contractual arrangements, her management or just simply her, but really they need to wake up and make allowances for the fact that she's 61 and a 90+ date tour with very few breaks in between (even if she does a lot of lipsynching and less strenuous choreography than ever) will have its toll on her.

I do empathise with her on that level but another part of me feels like she should know better and she knows her body best at the end of the day.

How do residencies in Vegas compare, in terms of duration and shows per week etc? Never mind the lack of travel.

I’be somehow ended up going to see her twice in London and to be honest I will be MORE THAN HAPPY if she cancels one or BOTH of the dates :D

Wake me up when she tours Music in its entirety :disco:

Madame X is GaNGSTA

rs_791x1024-191122132327-791-madonna-kim-kardashian-instagram-cjh-112219.jpg

I think if I was looking for a plastic surgeon I would be looking for Sharon Osbournes surgeons number. She is looking incredible just now.

She cancelled at 830pm on the night of the gig?

I hope she at least donated the food to the local food bank

Has anyone had the facebook ad for the tour?

The comments are a RIGHT TREAT

Do we know the reason for the cancellation?

Maybe she’s DEAD :shock:

Has anyone had the facebook ad for the tour?

The comments are a RIGHT TREAT

Indeed. It must be said, this tour has been an unmitigated disaster for her brand. Her stock is at an all time low.

Do we know the reason for the cancellation?

Maybe she’s DEAD :shock:
Unofficially: twisted ankle during soundcheck.
Officially: no announcement yet apart from a cryptic 'thank you to the batukaderas' post on her instagram and 'I will rise and hopefully see you all very soon'.

Indeed. It must be said, this tour has been an unmitigated disaster for her brand. Her stock is at an all time low.

It's sad really because we've said this phrase so many times that it's like groundhog day with her since post-Superbowl I'd say at this point in time.. So, yeah, the best part of 7-8 years. :bad:

I really did think there were far too many shows, too close together for her to successfully carry out the whole tour. Why doesn’t she just relax in her multi millions? What has she got to prove now?

She's over it. I think she's always enjoyed putting the show together more than actually performing it and with all the trouble she's had with this one she's over it.

Motion? I'm not sure that face moves anymore

Well, she looks like a teapot.

I did enjoy that video though. It reminds of Dietrich who at a similar age and stage would get on her hands and knees to clean some of her less glamourös venues. Madonna would let fans bid on getting to do it for her of course.

She is in Lisbon now. Does she still live there? You’d think she could muster the energy...

I still don’t see why with all this shit she doesn’t go out and sit in the middle of the stage and just sing the concert sat down. People would understand that a lot more than this constant shite.

Just pleased that you didn't have a wasted trip. Well, no trip to Lisbon would be wasted, but you know what I mean.

Just pleased that you didn't have a wasted trip. Well, no trip to Lisbon would be wasted, but you know what I mean.
Yeah, I was toying with the idea of seeing it again but ended up doing more site seeing. Did walk past the venue again around the time doors were opening as cancellation announcement was made, some fans were in tears others angry and upset understandably.

For what it’s worth it’s a really good show. She was really engaged, vibrant and present. Vocally pretty good when she sang live (I would say about 50-60% of the show). As I said she was clearly in pain and mentioned it a few times. I could see her wincing a couple of times and clearly favouring the better knee.

Highlights for me were Frozen, Batuka and surprisingly Future, which she performed as a ballad on the piano with an extra verse. God Control as an opener was fantastic as well. The whole Fado section is also really well done.

No major lowlights but the pacing in the last section is a bit all over the place and I wasn’t really there for a karaoke disco version of Crave.

Has she done any gigs since the cancelled Lisbon one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom