Mariah Misc 2020

Did anyone else get an email from Amazon about the Mariah Carey debut album reissue vinyl being delayed and they don’t know when it’ll be released?

Oooooh. I love how they've laid it out

obligatory lamb outrage response:

ONE MORE TRY better than WHEN YOU BELIEVE???!

tenor.gif

This 18-year-old girl did Circles on the crap Little Mix show tonight!

Last edited:
:shock:

Her Executive assistant had an opinion?

Daydream is an amazing album name. It's very fitting for its songs.

She's done much worse.

Hmmm nah, I don't think so. The album is full of REVERIES and the title fits it perfectly I think.

this part at the end was amazing:

Does she think she is high-maintenance – and, if so, does she think it is because she came from nothing?

You know what? I don’t give a shit. I fucking am high-maintenance because I deserve to be at this point. That may sound arrogant, but I hope you frame it within the context of coming from nothing. If I can’t be high-maintenance after working my ass off my entire life, oh, I’m sorry – I didn’t realise we all had to be low-maintenance. Hell, no! I was always high-maintenance, it’s just I didn’t have anyone to do the maintenance when I was growing up!” she says and cackles with delight.

I have been interviewing famous people for a long time, but talking with Carey is the closest I have come to how I imagine it would have been to spend time with Bette Davis or Aretha Franklin. There are lots of ridiculous modern celebrities, but Carey is not like that. With her mix of slightly self-parodic ridiculousness undercut with no-messin’, true-to-herself honesty, she is a proper grande dame of the old school. A diva, in other words. It is a term she has laboured under throughout her career, and it is unlikely she will escape it, even if people now finally know where she is coming from. Does she mind the D-word?

No! Who the fuck cares?” she laughs. “Honestly! ‘Oh my God, they’re calling me a diva – I think I’m going to cry!’ You think in the grand scheme of things in my life that really matters to me, being called a diva? I am, bitches, that’s right!:D

ALL of those V covers are shit except for Mimi and Halsey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom