Marina and the Diamonds - Froot

COB

The ⭐ 👹
She's back:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BI_0HIz_4JY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(I believe the album's also called Froot, not sure if it or the single have release dates yet)

Last edited:
It's like an outtake from Ultraviolence with a thick electro pop sheen and a camp 70s edge. I love it, naturally.

I'm really liking it after one listen, and I'm looking forward to (hopefully) a more straightforward album campaign from her this time - the Electra Heart thing certainly had it's moments (and I mostly enjoyed the album) but my god did it all get WEARING by the end.

A quick correction - I'm not sure this is going to be a single, she just called it "the title track from my new record" on her Facebook post and I made an assumption. Just to cover my bases!

It all got a bit tired by the end, especially when the money started drying up and the re-release was met with deafening silence, but I rather like her for sticking with a theme and seeing it through to the end.

E.V.O.L remains an utter gem too.

Last edited:
I found her so dislikable during the Electra Heart era but I must say Radioactive has really grown on me in the last couple of years. Moody electro pop at its finest.

I like this, it needs a bigger hook but she always delivers on the albums. Elektra Heart remains one of my all time favorite albums.

Thanks to technical difficulties around these parts, I'm unable to listen to this. Which is a tad frustrating.

A quick butcher's around the interwebs suggests that this is an EP/mini-album thingy but this could be just as much an assumption as those who've said it's an album.

Do we know if she's still on 679? I was kinda hoping not given the monumental pudding they made of the "Electra Heart" campaign, especially re: singles choices and release dates. The (non-)release of "...Heartbreaker" was the very definition of "fiasco".

Oh, and I realise I'm overcompensating for being unable to listen but "Froot" is a fucking shit title.

I hate the title. But the song is quite good, reminds me a little of Goldfrapp in their glam rock phase.

I'd prefer if it was just called "Fruit", but this way we get the nice logo with the wee diamond between the two 'o's so I don't mind too much :)

My other big hope for this era is LONG DARK HAIR.

Love the song, hate the title, but it's not Marina and the Diamonds without a little bit of cheesy wordplay. I wouldn't have her any other way.

I like the slightly dark sound. Nice to have her back. And it's good that she dumped the blonde ambitions.

Last edited:
ENJOYABLE. I thought the last album was a load of old shit compared with The Family Jewels, but Primadonna was good value.

The 2nd album didn't have the serious moments of the 1st (like 'Rootless','Guilty' or 'Numb') but it was a solid effort and a very cohesive album I believe. I still prefer The Family Jewels but she didn't disappoint me at all with Electra Heart.

I dislike electronic music in general but she's probably the best electro pop artist for me. I wish she'd just blow up everywhere already. She's so much better than Gaga now.

i am loving froot and i don't mind the title at all. it's all about her deep voice over the ever changing bridges then chorus then second chorus. whoop!

hold on is she singing "living like i'm shakira" or am i going nuts lol etc

i've been living (like shakira) for this track. the chorus is absolutely everything. it's fun, it's smart, it's goofy, it's quirky. thank god marina is still making.

Yes am I've been obsessed with Froot for a couple of days as well! I want a fabulous colourful video for it.

I hope so! Something similar to the video for Hollywood would be fantastic :disco:

EDIT - in fact, perfection would be Hollywood mixed with:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GPB4GM-WwwY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Also, this is on 1.3 Youtube views now. It first appeared on Friday afternoon - is that good?

i think it's brilliant for her and for a audio. the response seems to be quite good as far as i noticed though everyone seems to be tediously obsessed with how "gay" it is.
i'm hoping it's a big fat hit.

I do like it in a track 10 on an album way? No thanks to it as a single though please.

I am still living for and loving this song, it's pretty much a testament to what a great pop writer she is. Bouncy and sardonic, and her deep voice is so rich here.

Last edited:
For some reason it took me a while to get around to bothering to listen to this, but I am loving it now. I do hope she does a video for it.

READY to be JU-UICED :disco:

An April release date? In a post BEYONCÉ world that's mildly frustrating, especially as this was working so well as a breath of fresh air. The juxtaposition of fruit and winter and life and death and the cold, camp space disco diva spectrum of light colouring is just ticking all my boxes.

An April release date? In a post BEYONCÉ world that's mildly frustrating, especially as this was working so well as a breath of fresh air. The juxtaposition of fruit and winter and life and death and the cold, camp space disco diva spectrum of light colouring is just ticking all my boxes.

TOTALLY. I'm so ready for this.

Are we sure it's April? I can't find anything about it. There's an email getting sent at midnight tonight with some sort of info, also probably a video.

Releasing a tracklisting when the album isn't out for the best part of six months seems poor form to me.

It was my friend who told me about the release date, it's the 3rd April according to NZ iTunes which already has it available to pre-order; and the album cover is out there now too.

cover170x170.jpeg

Last edited:
There are not enough :manson: in the world for her "plan". Album out in April and she will release one track each month until then, so come April you will get the six remaining tracks.

But by then who would give a fuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom