Marina and the Diamonds - Froot

I've never heard her talk before. I thought it might be interesting.
It wasn't.

Glad she's thinking about coming to Australia, although she'll probably have another mood swing and change her mind.

I've never heard her talk before. I thought it might be interesting.
It wasn't.

Glad she's thinking about coming to Australia, although she'll probably have another mood swing and change her mind.

anyone would think she isn't signed/TIED to a major label!

Shame. She was actually having quite a good run with her weird strategy.

6 months was pushing her luck a tad too far though. Releasing the album earlier now should do the trick, there definitely is a buzz and the singles seem to be doing well.

I guess I'll wait, I've preordered it and it's only two months :confused: away. Silly cow.

The uptempo Forget has been released

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pY29UTk59uw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's my favourite on the album, along with Blue and Gold, which make an amazing triple run in the middle.

honestly. just hearing this and i'm appalled. what's with the production? is she in auditioning for eurovision with a lithuanian lite-rock band? is it 2004? i honestly don't know what to make of this...

video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/17UL5ks9amY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

just stumbled upon this acoustic version of i'm a ruin

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LCt1_cpyEAk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gorgeous *.*

Last edited:
anyone have any thoughts on the album then?
just went through it. first off it feels a lot longer than it actually is. i think it's safe to say we'd heard the best songs already (froot, immortal, i'm a ruin) though i think there's something to savages.

a few songs sound a bit basic and samey on first listen and a few others sound like a newly formed pop/rock band (i really hate forget for some reason).

all in all i'm a bit underwhelmed ):

I love it. It feels very concise and tight, unlike the last album which was good, but definitely sounded like a patchwork of sounds and a bit messy at times.

I'm waiting for the official release. It's natural that they released the stronger songs but I love Happy, Froot and Immortale. I like Ruin and to a lesser extent Forget.

I just don't understand how the campaign will sustain itself with album leaking two months in advance and six songs available before release.

I decided not to bother with all this Froot Of The Month cobblers so I;m pleased the album is coming out a bit earlier. I intend to purchase a compact disc in a record shop and take it home to enjoy. God, I sound Victorian....

You're such a hipster Octy. I'm also glad they pushed the release , I'll have it by Tuesday morning.

Last edited:
Album currently at 2 on the U.S. itunes, I'm sure it will free fall but she can claim a 2 peak I guess.

I've been holding off the album until now.

Blue is instantly amazing. By far the most accessible song here. Why wasn't this a single?

kendrick is a big name. i'm surprised she's doing better than him on itunes us - she's holding up at 2 somehow?

Was there an actual proper single, by the way?

I'll try and get this tomorrow...couldn't be arsed leaving the house today and Monday's travels took me nowhere near a suitable audio-retailing establishment.

Not a single televisual perf. As if it would have been that hard to get her a slut on Graham Norton!

I really think she's have a number one album if Blue had been released. It's just SO GOOD.

That she's bogged off to the US for the release week is telling. That's clearly where she sees her priorities (probably rightly so).

On first listen, I can see why she did the Froot Of The Month thing...it's a grower. The production is simple, lacking the eccentricities of "The Family Jewels" and the polish of "Electra Heart" and, without these, it feels a little identikit in places. Feels backloaded too, the last 3 or 4 tracks are the ones that really stood out but, like I say, first listen. I'll report back after another 4 or 5. Or 6.

I guess for her it's decent. I get the feeling that she's still largely unheard of in the US.

I always get on last minute with this bitch. Just listening to the LP, it's sounding good to these ears.

05 Happy
08 Froot
10 I'm a Ruin
11 Blue
08 Forget
09 Gold
08 Can't Pin Me Down
10 Solitaire
06 Better Than That
09 Weeds
09 Savages
05 Immortal

I love this album so much. It's the first time I'm completely on board with the entire Marina package. What a woman.

Really? I'd say three tracks (two actually) on less than 6 is par for the course for almost any album. And it's not that they're bad songs, just that they won't really do it for me.

I've started listening to the album, having mostly avoided the 'Froots of the month' ( :daf: / :D ), and I have to say that 'I'm A Ruin' is spectacular. Its RUINING ME

I'm not getting this, it's too samey to sustain itself. Maybe I should have done the monthly thing right enough :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom