Marina and the Diamonds - Froot

This is starting to bed in actually. Gold is rotten and Forget is the same chords as Teen Idle which is cheating but the second half of the album especially is getting under my skin. So, it's not her, it's me.

I've just noticed that there's no 679 logo on the packaging.

I'm finding difficult to get into the new songs because I've listened to the first four released so many times so the album seems uneven to me.

Current favorites are You Can't Pin Me Down, You Can Do Better Than That (both of which resemble the first album stuff) and Savages. Solitaire is catchy but I'm not sure I like it.

Weeds and Gold are my least favorites so far.

I ignored all the pre-releases and so have listened to the album as a whole and it's MARVELLOUS. Certainly the most played album of 2015 for me so far, bar "Rebel Heart"...

I'm listening to this now and I too didn't bother with the Froot of the month thing..

I'm liking what I'm hearing.

#8 with 46k in the end, making it by far her most successful album in the US thus far. She performed Forget on GMA this morning and killed it.

This must have been the advantage (purpose?) of the FOTM thingy - they could tell in advance where the interest was. The UK was lagging, the US was a lot more keen so off she went.

I've finally got this album, I didn't do the Froot of the month thing either. It's a really enjoyable album, slightly better than the 2nd but not as good as the 1st one for me.

I see she is down to 77 for the third week. I haven't heard this yet as it is still on backorder with CD Wow (along with three other CDs) but I'm not feeling the urgency to hear it I felt for her first two albums anyway. Part of this is down to the extended run up to release but I don't think that is entirely it...

As an album it's really such a marked improvement on Electra Heart it's almost painful. So much of that one felt underbaked or lyrically flawed. Personally I don't like the debut either but I'm aware that's just me. Her growth on this album is so evident though.

I assume this is the album topic, but the single is really beginning to work for me.

The single is ace, the album is cheapened by her marketing efforts.

The single (well Froot the song) is beyond shit the bed amazing. The album, even though pretty good, is a letdown.

Isn't is CALLED Froot or have I got the wrong song?

That's the thing, there's been so much, I have no idea what the actual single is...but yes, it's amazing. The album is brilliant, I'm still loving it...

froot is mint. it's a shame she never promoted it at all as everyone who somehow managed to hear it quite liked it.

I take it all back, I'm only listening to "I'm a Ruin" which I fucking LOVE.

froot is mint. it's a shame she never promoted it at all as everyone who somehow managed to hear it quite liked it.

But she sold those cheap cardboard tree ornaments from that shitty campaign so I'm sure she's super rich now.

Where else should I go for this album? I think I've listened to it once, but am keen to know of any other gems?

i haven't really listened to it more than once to be honest - but from the singles my 10/10 favourites are froot, ruin and immortal. froot was instant but while the others needed time to grow with me, they're both excellent.

i wasn't too crazy about happy and especially forget and the album tracks kinda washed over me apart from savages which is a bit of a retread but i still enjoy it.

I think I really like Forget, Savages and Solitaire. But I'm not in love with anything.

Last edited:
She's announced some UK tour dates for November/early December - good timing for me, as I've been back into the album recently after a while away from it.

Blue is instantly amazing. By far the most accessible song here. Why wasn't this a single?

it will be ok, jark!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DtFQDgu7tYM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

here it is.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gDr7aTfBffU?list=PLAsgQNgjfQrSLyN94aJk-C-_rNt1I8Mzk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i really like her, i just find her so very endearing. with some decent support i think this could be a hit though i personally don't like the song that much apart from the verses and the bridge. (the give me grates a bit and the chorus feels a tad familiar and flat).

Last edited:
you know what, that video has sold it to me now *.*

i've been loving her this era - the neon headpiece, the fruit earrings, everything is just lovely.

Love the video, the kooky interpretive dancing. The song is classic Marina, the fashion has been SO on point. CANNOT WAIT to finally see her live in Oct/Nov.

This is the first time I've heard anything from the campaign, watching that video. Thanks to am for his Facebook linked playlist after Carly Rae.

It's nice! I like it! Well done everyone

is it just me or is blue one of the most unsuspectingly brilliant songs of the year?

is it just me or is blue one of the most unsuspectingly brilliant songs of the year?

Oh it slowly snuck up on me, wasn't instant at all but just gets lodged in your head :o

Still loving the album. Got tickets for her tour which she has confirmed will be split into three acts - one for each album :disco:

Oh I think this is really good, and the video is really cute too! What a dogs dinner they made of the singles from this album, surely this should have been the lead?

And what on earth happened with I'm A Ruin? It seemed to legitimately chart highly on iTunes Charts everywhere but was made an instant-Grat so couldn't chart? I know she needs to sell albums, but bitch needs some HITS too. Nobody is going to play her on the radio if the highest chart song from this album is #169 WORLDWIDE

Saw her live last night and, as always, she was rather excellent. This was my third time seeing her and I think it was the best I've seen her really. Voice on top form. She went through selections from all 3 albums in chronological order. I must admit I'd never really given Froot a fair listen but she has an excellent live band and the songs really came to life live. Just listening to the studio versions now and they're really not as good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom