Marina and the Diamonds - Froot

i've just been reliving the emotions surrounding this release with a read through the thread. i still haven't properly listened to the album to my shame - i don't even remember songs like can't pin me down, weeds or gold.

rather strange considering i absolutely love the ones i do know...

10 froot
10 blue
10 immortal
10 i'm a ruin

maybe it's finally time i go back to it.

I'm late for the party but I've been streaming this and can confirm I hate the slow tracks but the upbeat ones are 10/10: Froot, Blue, Savages :disco:

Saw her live last night and, as always, she was rather excellent. This was my third time seeing her and I think it was the best I've seen her really. Voice on top form. She went through selections from all 3 albums in chronological order. I must admit I'd never really given Froot a fair listen but she has an excellent live band and the songs really came to life live. Just listening to the studio versions now and they're really not as good...

It was a superb show. I actually saw you by the merchandise stall, but I was a way away so didn't come over.

I thought she was GREAT live but what I thought was a bit off was the pacing- by having separate acts for each album, it meant that the show ended on a relatively subdued note as the "Froot" songs are not quite as upbeat as the earlier stuff, for the most part. Highlights for me were "Bubblegum Bitch" and "How To Be A Heartbreaker", where the whole place WENT OFF...

She did a talk and Q&A at Oxford. She really doesn't like Electra Heart.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Iw0zRsBnMCI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've always wanted Froot on vinyl so that's very welcome news

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom