Melodifestivalen 2008 - Semifinal 4, Karlskrona (1 March)

I take it youtubes are being violated off toute suite?

Alla Flickor in the heats is by far her most dreadful live vocal. The key changes are HYSTERICAL! :D

Shame the Globen performance of that isn't on youtube, it's MUCH better. She wisely avoids the last two key changes and just speeds it up instead, which I actually REALLY love!

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been covered, but Linda looks SPECTACULAR. And sounds the best I've ever heard her.

Yah, but Sanne didn't even have a good song to make up for it. :D

Ok, the song isn't TOO bad but I hate hate hate her voice.

Sanne is like a bad eastern bloc entry for me. How did it make the final? Let alone score higher than poor brave Linda. :(

I like 'Higher Ground' but yeah, she does sound like a more tranny Manastacia with a 60 a day Marlboro habit.

I like 'Higher Ground' but yeah, she does sound like a more tranny Manastacia with a 60 a day Marlboro habit.

Sanne is like a bad eastern bloc entry for me. How did it make the final? Let alone score higher than poor brave Linda. :(
Weak heat, and the real travesty, it beat 'Du och jag mot varlden'.

'Alla Flickor' did post 2.5 times as many phone votes though.

I realise that I'm a bit behind, but I'll do my review as a watch.

Niklas Stromstedt: It's like Lasse Lindh came back for another try, BORING!

Calaisa: Are they like Swedish Corrs? Pleasant, but not really memorable.

Wikipedia has voting figures for this heat at 701 978. HUGE, but interestingly still 50,000+ behind Heat Two.

Sanna could well be the one to watch for public votes....

Daniel: BAD artist/song combo. A female with a bit more attitude would have stood a much better chance of advancing. As it is this sounds like one of those mid-noughties dodgy male Cypriot entries.

Linda: Well this was the performance everyone wanted her to give really, wasn't it? AND she looked amazing too. She makes the song fly (which I don't know that it necessarily would with someone else).

Nordman: REALLY hard to summon up any enthusiasm after Linda, and his quite grating voice isn't helping. Sarek and a lighter arrangement may well have worked for me, this doesn't.

Sibel: Pretty, and genuinely can sing, it's not MY sort of song, however in a weaker half of AC, it's a song I could live with going through to Globen (but if she steals votes from lovely Sanna, I would be upset).

One problem I have with Sibel is that she sings absolutely every second of it at full throttle. It's a bit wearying and ultimately makes the chorus lose its kick.

Fronda: I don't hate it, but I'm glad it didn't get far, I mean with Rongedal, Frida and Christer already at Globen we have enough 'quirky' finalists.

Charlotte: This will almost certainly grow on me, but I can't help feeling I've heard it somewhere before, and it's not exciting me as much as it does the Moopy massive.

Ranking:

1. Linda
2. Charlotte
3. Sibel
4. Calaisa
5. Fronda
6. Daniel
7. Nordman
8. Niklas

I've just remembered that the Melodifestivalen DVDs have karaoke on them

My brand new speakers on 'Hero' are working a treat! I have it blasting out over and over again :D

Linda's also sounds more than brilliant on them :disco:

HERO IS MY FAVOURITE SONG OF 2008. BAR NONE.

I'm in shock - there's nothing disappointing about that at all. This HAS to win MF 2008 AND ESC 2008.

I think I've actually got goosebumps, but that could be the air con in my office.

that Charlotte Perelli song has CHANGED MY LIFE ALREADY. Absolutely incredible in the context of this contest

Ten years since Hero entered our lives :disco:

Not only Hero but a decade since La Bengtzing's most joyful and triumphant performance as well.

Alla Flickor in the heats is by far her most dreadful live vocal. The key changes are HYSTERICAL! :D

Shame the Globen performance of that isn't on youtube, it's MUCH better. She wisely avoids the last two key changes and just speeds it up instead, which I actually REALLY love!

Those last 30 seconds were an ordeal to listen to.

Granted, the bar was already extraordinarily low. :shock:

Can we just concentrate on Linda gloriously selling the absolute shit out of Hur svårt kan det va's key change please.

It's actually surprisingly good. She does takes the low road every time, but it's in key and she's having right old time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom