Melodifestivalen 2020: Deltävling Two - Göteborg

Excellent Cock-Blocking.

Bulletproof is decent enough. Nothing to shout home about but not a toilet break in the line-up.

I think the song is fine actually. In studio form I am sure it will be enjoyable but not with those vocals and those moves.

This is the first time someone who's finished sixth before has followed it by going direkt, surely?!

Who knew Dotter was popular after all? My friend getting it right.

I assume Dotter is popular in the sense that she's one of the few taking part with any resemblance of an actual music career. Seriously this year has been an absolute LOW so far - a selection of has beens and never will bes.

I think Dotter’s light act looked amazing.

This is the first time someone who's finished sixth before has followed it by going direkt, surely?!

Second I think, first time was long ago though. Ann-Louise Hanson in 2002 was 6th in SF, but then Hanson, Carson & Malmkvist 'C'est La Vie' went DTF in 2004.

FUCKING FABULOUS result!

Bulletproof is a great example of what clever staging can do. And it's not a bad tune EITHER.

And as for Anna.. what a queen

Linda's song is just verse, chorus, verse, chorus, fin. That is NOT SCHLAGER SUITABLE SONG STRUCTURE in my book.

A good schlager should always have the chorus at least three times, with a small pause before the BIG KEYCHANGE at the end!

Linda's been in the game long enough to know you only get three minutes. You've got to whip through those verses and give the big pay off.

Obviously I’ve been far too busy watching The Masked Singer but so sad for Linda :tongueout:

Sorry but Linda’s song was shit, and her performance was like fabulous drunk aunt in some sort of elevated karaoke booth - there was barely ANY production evident.

I’m off to rewatch Linda’s true all-time classic, the last minute of TA MIG :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco:

Reactions: Zu
Also Dr Anna’s perf was the definition of a BUILDER! It really started to pop off by the end.

I sort of want to see what it would be like with a hot daddy singing it instead of the lovely Dr A.

That or Wikitoria - I know ageism is very uncool, but she seemed just a tad too OLD

I’m sorry but if TA MIG couldn’t progress following a performance THAT FABULOUS this pile of microwaved sloppy seconds she served up tonight was DoA

I do think this was comfortably her worst entry. Poor Ta Mig tends to get passed over as her first fail but it is a lovely production.

That was a GREAT semi. I didn't hate any song.

Firstly, the FIRST time 2 female acts have gone DTF from a semi since Linda and Charlotte in 2008. That's quite some record that has been broken.

The best 2 songs and performances qualified. I don't see why you thought Dotter was bad, I think she just has a voice you love or hate. And I loved the staging of it, really clever. Anna was a REVELATION though. What a performance! the bit when the dancers appeared out of nowhere was amazing. A definite contender to win, BUT I don't want her at Eurovision. It's too much pressure for her to qualify. I also got the Wiktoria comparison BUT Anna at least isn't a a foghorn.

Mendez/Alvaro was fun I guess but they pretty much mimed the whole song. And Paul wwas OK but that hair was a CRIME. It's interesting that the young boys are just not doing well this year.

Klara was fun too, totally basic but enjoyable, and loved the hand movements and one I will revisit for sure. But 5th kinda felt right.

Jan did well with the song at the last minute but you can tell it wasn't written for him, As for Linda. Well. it just wasn't good enough. Her weakest MF entry by some distance. Totally forgettable. And I say that as a HUGE fan.

I want Anna in Rotterdam giving Sweden its 7th win.

I mean if she DID go to Rotterdam, I THINK she would qualify, but you just know they would leave her to the very last to be announced. Though that WOULD make great TV, and a great moment!

I mean if she DID go to Rotterdam, I THINK she would qualify, but you just know they would leave her to the very last to be announced. Though that WOULD make great TV, and a great moment!
Aren't you taking your eurofan fantasy a bit too far? :D 99.99% of the audience won't remember her.

Just like they did for us and Anouk.

I’ve heard those Anna Berg chord sequences more times than are strictly required in one lifetime and therefore cannot even begin to describe how much I would give for more crumpled, grizzling face in a nasty wig after yet another SEMI FLOP :disco:

Anna would definitely qualify with that, it would increase the interest in her pre-show and her presence would give the commentators a fun fact to throw out.

None of which would count much towards the final result which I do think would ultimately be very favourable.

I've just had a spin of "Killer Girl" as part of my RIP LINDA MEMORIAL MOMENT and it's much better than I remember :o

I'm not sure I'm ready to press play on "Ta Mig" yet though.

Kala love, GREAT is a pretty strong word for this heat. It wasn't even MEDICORE. They're clearly scrapping the barrel for songs these days. And singers so it would seem. Sorry to be a negative nancy.

Anyway I'll be popping off back to the poxy Sanremo thread now.

Kala love, GREAT is a pretty strong word for this heat. It wasn't even MEDICORE. They're clearly scrapping the barrel for songs these days. And singers so it would seem. Sorry to be a negative nancy.

Anyway I'll be popping off back to the poxy Sanremo thread now.
Before you go, what is your favourite MF entry and favourite Swedish Eurovision entry if it's not the same? Just so I can get the CUT of your JIB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom