Melodifestivalen 2023: Deltävling 3 - Lidköping

Had no idea Casanovas had done a few Eurovision covers that no-one asked for:

We're getting reports that team M&M has had huge technical issues with the performance.

They've not been able to get the choreo in synch while bad camera angles are not showing the laser effects and rotating podium from the best angles. Most daunting is the complete failure of the smoke machines to cover the stage and podium in thick fog. It's "completely spoiling the supposed illusion of M&M hoovering in mid air".

Last edited:
Team Ida-Lova were apparently not entirely satisfied with how her curtains where laid out across the stage either.

Meanwhile, we can affirm everything went as envisioned for Laurell!

6th place, how do you feel about that?
"I feel just so happy to be here, honestly, this is like an introduction to Sweden. You know. Hi I'm Laurell! I just feel so grateful that some people voted for me, like THANK YOU and I hope to see you again, really!

You're already thinking about next time?
"Well you know, in some capacity. I've already had some radio play here with my song Habit and so I'm really hoping that people embrace Sober. This is the like biggest release party I've ever had for a song and so it's been a really positive experience this whole thing. Obviously Sweden is my new home and I feel very welcomed here and I'm very excited to continue this journey by sharing my music with this country."

Is there any disappointment in you now?
"No, we've all won just by having the chance to be here. As a Canadian I feel very grateful for the chance to share my music live and to give you a glance of my personality and weirdness."

On the other hand, M&M’s “people” can get fucked. “They haven’t been able to get the choreo in sync” INDEED. :eyes:

Yeah they're really not helping their case bundling that in with a complaint about technical issues.

Yeah they're really not helping their case bundling that in with a complaint about technical issues.
:basil: I should note that they're not blaming SVT for all these issues. All I'm saying is that it's a very technical stage show and that the creative team behind it are not satisfied with how it looks.

M&M seem to have hoovered up the the staging budget for the entire series anyway so forgive my lack of sympathy.

EDIT: WRONG THREAD LOOK IN THE OTHER ONE

M&M seem to have hoovered up the the staging budget for the entire series anyway so forgive my lack of sympathy.
Team M&M are paying for it though.

Until 2016-2017 the record labels were supplying the majority of funds for all the stage shows. Since then they've been much more selective and only really churn out for the serious ESC contenders nowadays.

SVT has tried to cover some of this shortfall by increasing the production funds for all acts but a lot of artists (Tess, Linda etc.) have since been forced to fund things out of their own pockets. I'm having an upcoming feature behind Linda's latest participation coming up where she talks about this. One famous example is that Danny's Dandi Dansa staging cost his personally owned company more than a million kronor to produce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom