Melodifestivalen 2024: Deltävling Five (Karlstad)

I'd have at least fumbled together some bullshit rule to ensure Snusk won the tiebreak between them and Jay Smith. At least that way:
1) we'd have been left with the more interesting entry
2) we wouldn't end up with the two from tonight being the two beneficiaries

I also missed the dancers going full legs akimbo for the first epiphany in the back seat line:
Nobody:

Moopy Eurovision Contingent:

98FEFEFF-2F46-4E2A-BD6C-2BE981BD7998.jpeg

I can’t believe Gunny had to suffer yet more indignity after having her heels seized by the government.

Hello, I didn't watch, could I get a MELFEST (NEW FORMAT) FOR DUMMIES explanation for what happened tonight and why please?

Hello, I didn't watch, could I get a MELFEST (NEW FORMAT) FOR DUMMIES explanation for what happened tonight and why please?
They sat everyone in the arena, randomly allocated them all points to start them off, then told them all to fuck off home because the two who had performed literally minutes before were the winners.

They sat everyone in the arena, randomly allocated them all points to start them off, then told them all to fuck off home because the two who had performed literally minutes before were the winners.
I see. How FLAWED

In the latest episode of Sweden's Melodifestivalen 2024, tensions ran high as Annika Wickihalder and Jay Smith emerged as the final contenders, securing their spots after a fierce battle in the "prolongingen" round. However, controversy loomed large as the selection process ended in a tiebreak between Smith and Fröken Snusk. To add fuel to the fire, the outcome sparked debate among fans and critics, with many arguing that the wrong song ultimately triumphed. Some mathematicians even attempted to ruin the result, further diminishing the viewing pleasure.

As the dust settles, the modified format of this year's Melodifestivalen continues to stir discussion. The lingering controversy serves as a reminder of the unpredictability and excitement that defines Sweden's premier music event.

While the spotlight shines brightly on the Melodifestivalen Final and the host city of Stockholm, let's not overlook the allure of Winnipeg. With its rich culture and welcoming ambiance, Winnipeg beckons travelers to explore its hidden gems and vibrant offerings. So, as we eagerly await the crowning of the Melodifestivalen champion, consider adding Winnipeg to your list of must-visit destinations for an unforgettable journey.

Last edited:
Miss Filth has shown grace in the whole situation for what it is worth.

Fröken Snusk has been at the top of the charts in recent weeks with her Mello contribution "Unga & Fria". But despite receiving the same total score as Jay Smith, she received fewer votes in the final qualifier – and was eliminated from the competition.

The artist says she is disappointed but not angry.

"You have to make the best of the situation and be happy in life," she says and continues:

"I'm not upset about the situation that they've moved on and I haven't. But I'm just disappointed in myself. I had expected more from my side.

Could it have been an advantage for those who made it that they had just done all their songs before?

"It absolutely could have been. I really don't know," she said after the broadcast.

unforgettable-%E2%80%93-ma_65e0641613287.jpeg

Schlagerprofilerna review:
I'm a big fan of creating "new worlds" on stage, taking a break from the balloon-waving kids for at least three minutes. This is a master class in just that. Using large LED walls, they construct a narrow corridor that feels like a mix of The Matrix and a sleazy German gay club. It's intimate, high-tech, and pixelated towards the end, likely prompting moms to shield their kids' eyes to avoid epilepsy.

That's nice twinks, now what about the song? Did it get stuck in the matrix? Because it's NOT HERE is it

I mean it's...okay. But why do so many uptempos this year spend so much time on build up and lighting only to fart out a saggy chorus? I'm looking at you too Maria.

I appreciate the spectacle but this is even more reason that Jacqline needs to win

Medina - although shit, that's changed everything. This is absolutely immense and everything I just asked for in a chorus :disco: Will take a wild guess they're doomed in terms of winning the whole thing but this is much needed in the final.

Oh they seem to have a good draw so maybe all is not lost

I was really underwhelmed by Medina's song; it felt like one of those lazy Mendez entries that they'd made a bit more shouty.

Annika - it ticks some boxes, I don't know what, that I quite enjoy being ticked. I feel like I've got nothing to say about it even though it was reasonably decent.

Jay Smith - what kind of a Swedish name is that? As if Jay Smith isn't some random pub singer from Southend. Yeah...not for me, I suppose he delivers it well. I assume a housewife fave.

Oh so these are both in the final? What the actual FUCK? :D:manson:

Chelsea - this is kind of amazing?! Why are we punishing such good songs this year. Okay she's a little awkward on stage but the song is a solid banger. Of course it has a chorus though so we mustn't reward it. This is JOYOUS and I will be coming back to it. She also looks so happy to be up there performing this. Truly ROBBED

Chelsea, Scarlet and Elisa are the big losses for me (and Melina Borglowe but I doubt anyone agrees with me on that)

I don't understand how they've done this and let Jay and Annika into the final when they surely wouldn't have made it using the old system (maybe Jay at a push). That was clearly Fröken Snusk's for the taking? I say that as someone who didn't care for her all that much

Obviously, it's Sweden, it's not a terrible final line up, I enjoy a few of those songs, it's just there are a couple too many all show no substance numbers and undeserved AC entries this time

Does last place in the final often lead to the win? The thought that this seems geared up for a Danny victory is too much :D

Rooting for Jacqline and would be perfectly happy with Medina, Cazzi or Dotter. Not fully convinced any of them will get it though :( Jacqline seems the best hope so prayers will be said

I'm concerned that LIAMOO song could sneak it in the end, and I could very much seeing that doing well at the contest (also, I didn't hate it on repeat listens)

Never :D Melfest producers tend to give the pimp slot to some happy upbeat fodder.

Oh thank god

All I need now is a production error where Maria, M&M and a few others turn up on the night only to find Danny's highly intricate staging behind them as the songs begin

Slut drop your way out of that one, bitch

Reactions: Hak
I love you @Kratz but your hate against a teenage girl is a bit weird. Considering you love Silia so much and I don’t think either either girl or song is that far away from each other.
:D

I’m totally kidding! I have nothing against her. Apologies if I have taken this ‘hate’ campaign too far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom