Melodifestivalen 2024: Deltävling Five (Karlstad)

What a dreadful format to round off a dreadful Melfest.

Reactions: VoR
You can normally rely on AC to help with the song quality of the final. Well...

It doesn’t help that most of the final is ALREADY filler!

A.jpg

Anders Wistbacka, resign please!

This format also flies in the face of their argument for not releasing the songs that advance to the Final until after the last heat.

They always said it was to help the songs that go to AC, but if neither of the two songs that have been dominating Spotify since their heats weeks ago can topple the songs performed 30 minutes ago, then it should be a level playing field for everyone.

Just to humour me, why did Jay get through over Snusk? More Round 2 votes I assume?
The aftershow host explained it as follows:
"The reason Jay Smith advanced ahead of Miss Snusk is that he received more votes tonight, and that must feel satisfying, I think..."

Sorry but this is a joke, I have defended this competition until its lost me fans and supporters, but I can’t defend this. SINK THE SHIP
It really is very troubled

The only redemption now would be Effortless winning but, let’s face it, that isn’t happening

Loving the 'IT'S VERY RECENT!' vibes of Cazzi's cover art

GHsVIF2WsAAj6Cb

Last edited:
I think I'll be rooting for Effortless. It wasn't my favourite, but it was literally the ONLY song to go DTF which wasn't by a returning artist, and it didn't qualify from AC based on blatant recency bias.

Reactions: Hak
Remembering the fallen icons who would have qualified if the new format hadn't been a steaming bucket of old shite.

I really think Scarlet, SNUSK and Elisa would have brought something to the final that is lacking

When Elisa got 58 points I suddenly thought she was going to do rather well because we are so used to :OnePoint: and such salt this stage.

I commend them for trying new things within MF but at the same time, boy oh boy did they ever FUMBLE THE BAG this year :D

Reactions: Hak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom