Melodifestivalen 2024: Deltävling Three (Växjö)

Yeah they were kind of on their way out when Love Love Love came along having had a fairly standard chart run, but then got a second wind at home when Release Me took off in the UK a month or two later.

That’s true for Release Me itself but not for On and On- it’s run was consecutive and it had six weeks in the top ten.

Enjoying this compilation of Gunilla being a TERROR on her reality show.

The dialogue is mostly Swedish but you can follow, and it ends with her reaming out some poor American support worker in English.

The dialogue is mostly Swedish but you can follow, and it ends with her reaming out some poor American support worker in English.

"I have always been very kind to Daisy..."
"YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HARD I CAN YELL!"

• Haha
Reactions: VoR
I’m guessing that yelling at people in that terrifying demonic baritone is her signature move.

YOU ARE NOT THE STAR OF THIS SHOW!!!!!!

Really, it's frankly a matter of NATIONAL URGENCY that Jacqline drops a pill about 10 minutes before going onstage for the final :disco:

*spends 10 seconds too long doing the writhing on floor segment because "omgg fuck it's so warm god this feels so good"*

I’m guessing that yelling at people in that terrifying demonic baritone is her signature move.

YOU ARE NOT THE STAR OF THIS SHOW!!!!!!
It's a shame she didn't put these impressive vocals to good use on Saturday !

Wait I just realised Cazzi Opeia co-wrote Effortless? :basil:

Start of dinner table conversation
Åsa: You walked up to my friend with an eating disorder and said she was fat with fat legs.

Gunny: Can you stop?

Åsa: No. That's exactly what you said. Did you say it or not?

*Åsa pushes Gunny*

Gunny: I earn way too much money to quit Hollywood Wifes!
Gunny: Otherwise, I would never sit at this table.
Gunny: NEVER!

Åsa: No one calls my friends fat.
Åsa: Do you understand?

Gunny: But then why don't you quit Hollywood Wifes?

Åsa: Because no one tells my friends that they're FAT!

Gunny: Get out of here, you're not welcome.

Åsa: You...

Gunny: YOU'RE NOT THE STAR OF THIS SHOW:disco:

Åsa: I never claimed to be.

Gunny: GET OUTTA HERE!

Åsa: I never claimed to be.

Gunny: Get out.

Åsa: You can't argue with stupid. You can't win.

Gunny: I could ask them to kick out Åsa (from the show), but I won't say it because then you would harm my child. Immediately if I got you out of my show.
Gunny: KEEP YOUR ENEMIES CLOSE!

Last edited:
The Swedish HMRC, Kronofogden, took action against Gunilla Persson in the Melodifestivalen artist hotel Sunday morning.

Saturday evening Gunilla advanced to the qualifiers with tears of joy. However, her happiness was replaced with dread in the morning as Kronofogden raided her accommodation at the Royal Corner hotel in Växjö.

Gunilla Persson owes over 630,000 SEK to Kronofogden due to receiving Swedish benefits while residing in the USA and participating in "Svenska Hollywoodfruar." In 2018, she was ordered by Stockholm District Court to repay over 300,000 SEK to the national insurance agency, a debt that has now doubled with interest.

Kronofogden, having previously found no attachable assets in Sweden, initiated a new investigation when Gunilla was announced for Melodifestivalen. Johannes Paulson mentioned that the seized items will be evaluated but won't cover the entire debt.

Kronofogden asserted it was a surprise. Despite expressing it would be "a cinch" to repay the debt, Gunilla Persson refuses due to anger and sadness. Her lawyer mentioned a planned follow-up meeting, emphasizing that it's not about the inability but the unwillingness to repay.

Taken from Gunilla Persson:
- A pair of Chanel shoes
- Four necklaces
- Four bracelets
- Six rings
- Three bags
- Two jackets
- One dress

Last edited:
Gunilla Persson: They took my daughter's bags and shoes!
Hollywood wife appeals the distraint • Lawyer: "Not Gunilla's shoe size"
5bca11bf-2f46-4faa-86a1-b92b96cba66d

Gunilla Persson appeals Sunday's distraint decision, claiming that several of the seized assets belong to her daughter Erika.

She points out, among other things, that the Chanel shoes are her daughter's size.

"We don't work in a way where we check feet," says Johannes Paulson at Kronofogden.

Kronofogden raided the Hollywood wife's hotel room in Växjö and took with them items - three pieces of clothing, a pair of shoes, three bags, and 14 pieces of jewelry - which they claim have a total value of SEK 79,500.

"It's not Gunilla's shoe size."
"The bags are of a model, type, scope, and form of such a nature that it cannot have escaped the authorities that they must have belonged to Erika Persson," the appeal states.

According to Johannes Paulson at Kronofogden, they have every right to take the items.

"We have legal support that makes us believe that this has been in her possession and that it belongs to her."

"Dont check feet"
He further explains that shoe size is not something they have taken into consideration.

"We don't work in a way where we check feet, either on the debtor or their children," he says.

Safaryan also writes in the appeal that "the intervention has taken place under very demeaning conditions. In relation to the alleged debt of SEK 640,000, the seized items cover barely 1/6th of the debt. Intervention of this nature has therefore not been warranted. The distraint of the complainant's property has been a too intrusive measure and has thus been unjustifiable and disproportionate."

"Smoothest way possible"
Johannes Paulson has previously told Aftonbladet that they are satisfied with the raid.

"We assessed that this was the smoothest way to do it with the least attention so that there wouldn't be much fuss about it."
Johannes_Paulson_kaffe.png

Johannes Paulson is accessible for further interviews.

Last edited:
There’s a certainty beauty in the Swedish to English translations of these stories :D

"We don't work in a way where we check feet, either on the debtor or their children”

Kronofogden backs down:
Gunilla's jewelry "too cheap"
267ce97a-5cf9-432e-9511-90ec93d50f6f

Gunilla Persson gets back nine of the seized jewelry. "They are simply worth too little," says Johannes Paulson at Kronofogden regarding the decision. "We have to consider the costs to collect these funds, that is, handling the items; they need to be photographed and put up for sale, and that also costs money."

The lawyer: "Interesting if they think they're not worth their salt"
Gunilla Persson's lawyer Mark Safaryan welcomes the decision but argues that all items should be returned. "It's quite good that it turned out this way; then we'll see what the district court says about the other things," he says. He also emphasizes that Kronofogden is right that it's all a cost aspect and wonders what the whole operation might have cost. "It may be break-even, if not a loss, they traveled all the way from Malmö over a weekend and so on," says Safaryan.

Johannes Paulson explains in turn that Kronofogden, even if they go into a loss on the deal, is obliged to investigate the assets.
"We are required to investigate the things that come up, according to the legislation and our mission. Then, of course, it can be a setback, but in this case, we have seen that it has yielded results," he says.

Here are all the jewelry items being returned:
  • Necklace with pearls and charm - Estimated value: 1,200 kronor
  • Ring in silver with white and purple stone - Estimated value: 1,200 kronor
  • Ring in silver with white stone - Estimated value: 1,200 kronor
  • Necklace in gold with colored stones - Estimated value: 1,200 kronor
  • Bracelet in gold with black stone - Estimated value: 1,200 kronor
  • Bracelet in gold with purple and white stone - Estimated value: 1,200 kronor
  • Bracelet in gold with black and white stone - Estimated value: 1,200 kronor
  • Necklace in gold with charm - Estimated value: 1,200 kronor
  • Ring in gold with white stone - Estimated value: 1,200 kronor

Still to be put on auction:
  • Blazer St John – Estimated value: 10,000 kronor
  • Bag K Baumann – Estimated value: 8,000 kronor
  • Bag Moschino – Estimated value: 8,000 kronor
  • Bag Chanel – Estimated value: 15,000 kronor
  • Dress Adrienne Papell – Estimated value: 1,200 kronor
  • Blazer Chanel – Estimated value: 9,000 kronor
  • Ring in gold with purple stone – Estimated value: 2,000 kronor
  • Ring in gold with blue and white stone – Estimated value: 2,000 kronor
  • Necklace Chanel – Estimated value: 3,000 kronor
  • Shoes Chanel – Estimated value: 6,000 kronor
  • Bracelet in silver with blue pearls Givenchy – Estimated value: 2,500 kronor
  • Ring in gold with blue stone – Estimated value: 2,000 kronor

When Kronofogden was after Anna Book, they threatened to sell her armour from the middle ages!

912@40.jpg

None of her first list of jewellery is worth more than £100 - is it Elizabeth Duke?

Holy christ at Jacklynn. What a fucking song. Epiphany INDEED.

This is incredible and needs to win. Just a bit more energy please love, otherwise it’s nigh on perfect. Though I wonder if it would get lost somewhat in this year's banger pile up

Oh I was expecting to hate Cazzi after reading some comments but that's actually really joyful. I didn't realise she was a seventy year old in the midst of a breakdown, but good for her, deserves its place in the final, not that I've listened to the rest yet

Gunilla - this really would have benefited from those dancers picking her up and swinging her around like a sack of spuds at the end

Did she sing ANY of that chorus? :D I mean it's quite fun and howling at the commitment to not really budging an inch on stage.

Ooh and a live "shit". Do we get that regularly in Melodifestivalen or is this a first? Insert your own joke response

Obviously it's just a bit of nonsense really but I'm pleased she got a short lived second wind and some sort of hit out of it?

I got sidetracked

Clara seemed to be going for something more anthemic this time, not sure it quite works, I mean obviously it didn't, but it does feel like if they had really wanted to push this it could have fared better.

Kim - a bit generic but competent enough. Can't say anything more exciting than that

A pretty good semi overall!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom