Melodifestivalen 2024: Deltävling Three (Växjö)

And as for LA GUNILLA.

Ok, it was fucking appalling. But I'm KIND OF HERE for an old BOILER standing on a BIG ROBOT VACUUM CLEANER with all the stage presence of a DEAD MOOSE before getting her GUCCI SOLES ripped away from her in a dramatic twist.

In fairness, it's this year's Eva & Ewa but with a higher camp value. I'd be very happy to see it in the final over something which is just boring.

It's also GREAT publicity.

VOTE LA GUNILLA or she WILL LOSE MORE SHOES*!

*- Albeit the threat of having WIGS SNATCHED might be more :disco:
The Aftonbladet photographer will be on his way round to her house (assuming the locks haven’t been CHANGED) for a photo opp of a bereft GUN surrounded by nothing but empty shoe boxes.

It was streets ahead of the first two heats for me.

Now that OLD GUNNY hasn’t done anything silly like knock Cazzi or Jacqline out of the finals I am fully at peace with her and cannot wait to replicate her sizzling choreo in the Malmö euroclub. :disco:

gunilla-persson.gif

It was streets ahead of the first two heats for me.

Now that OLD GUNNY hasn’t done anything silly like knock Cazzi or Jacqline out of the finals I am fully at peace with her and cannot wait to replicate her sizzling choreo in the Malmö euroclub. :disco:

gunilla-persson.gif

Yeah, I think I agree with that.

And the ridiculous dance for that matter.

LOVES, you can count me on LA GUNILLA TRAIN.

I’m now obsessed with figuring out what the UK equivalent of La La Gunilla would be.

La la la, la la la KATIE PRICE?

La Gunilla’s singing really reminds me of the spoken bits of Baccara records.

I feel as though some of our pop girl stalwarts like @Jark and @dUb would be all over Effortless.

• Love
Reactions: dUb
Gunilla singing "make a storm but I won't shake" after getting her Louboutin confiscated (silly old tax administration!) reminds me of SuRie singing "storms don't last forever" after her mic was snatched onstage...
C'mon girl, go get that 24th place at Eurovision :disco:

• Love
Reactions: Hak
Anyway, the results were what I had hoped for and I'm fully on board with "Effortless" winning it all - if only Jacqwueline looked a little bit happier to be here :D

• Haha
I was saying to Pen yesterday, do we think Agnes was sat at home on Saturday night, covered in biscuit crumbs and watching Effortless, wishing she had entered?

I was saying to Pen yesterday, do we think Agnes was sat at home on Saturday night, covered in biscuit crumbs and watching Effortless, wishing she had entered?

Agnes HATED doing it in 2009, I doubt that would have changed much. I don't think she needs it anyway.

Agnes HATED doing it in 2009, I doubt that would have changed much. I don't think she needs it anyway.

It does feel like Agnes is "above" it- creatively at least- but you have to think that she would be looking at Loreen's trajectory in the last year and thinking it could be a viable option.

It does feel like Agnes is "above" it- creatively at least- but you have to think that she would be looking at Loreen's trajectory in the last year and thinking it could be a viable option.

'creatively above' is a really good way of putting it Shee. While she'd probably get a big hit out of entering, I am not sure she really WANTS that? I think she's happy doing what she does, successful but still a bit low-key. This way she can release stuff whenever she wants and she has no pressure to have hits.

For most artists avoiding Melfest is a very anxiety driven thing. Many doesn't even like reading reviews of their albums and when having achieved some kind of success the fear of failing is much worse than the actual deed.

'creatively above' is a really good way of putting it Shee. While she'd probably get a big hit out of entering, I am not sure she really WANTS that? I think she's happy doing what she does, successful but still a bit low-key. This way she can release stuff whenever she wants and she has no pressure to have hits.

I have no idea whether she WANTS it or not, but it HAS to burn that you get so much critical love and not the commercial response to follow it.

I also think she was burned by being part of the "machine" and entering at a point when, actually, she didn't "need" to but was probably pressured to and not doing as well as she'd hoped. She didn't really like "Love Love Love" either, did she?

I think it would be very different now on her own terms.

I guess we'll never know until it actually happens!

I also think she was burned by being part of the "machine" and entering at a point when, actually, she didn't "need" to but was probably pressured to and not doing as well as she'd hoped. She didn't really like "Love Love Love" either, did she?
She did fine, that wasn't the issue.

Love Love Love might not have been Agnes favourite. It did the rounds and was originally a 2008 Perelli reject when the latter eventually had to choose between it and Hero!

Last edited:
She did fine, that wasn't the issue.

Love Love Love might not have been Agnes favourite. It did the rounds and was originally a 2008 Perelli reject when the latter eventually had to choose between it and Hero!

She came 8th when she was one of the favourites to win. I agree it's not a disaster, but it absolutely wasn't the result she could have expected, coming directly after "On and On" and "Release Me".

She came 8th when she was one of the favourites to win. I agree it's not a disaster, but it absolutely wasn't the result she could have expected, coming directly after "On and On" and "Release Me".
I would've expected her team to have made more of an effort with the stage production if she was coming for the win. It seems more of a "let's land a hit and sell out the summer tour" type of entry.

Odds placed her at the 10-12th favourite to win going into competition, after the likes of Amy Diamond, Markoolio, Shirley, Sahlene and Scotts :eyes:

"Release Me" was a much bigger hit in the UK than in Sweden and Agnes was never THAT big domestically.

Weren’t they big hits that lasted ages rather than an amazing chart position? That’s what I seem to remember anyway…

Yeah- just looked them up. Both had over six months on the Swedish charts.

Weren’t they big hits that lasted ages rather than an amazing chart position? That’s what I seem to remember anyway…

Yeah- just looked them up. Both had over six months on the Swedish charts.
Yeah they were kind of on their way out when Love Love Love came along having had a fairly standard chart run, but then got a second wind at home when Release Me took off in the UK a month or two later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom