MOOPY SYNC LISTEN - LADY GAGA - ARTPOP - 8pm Tuesday 16/06

I remember when she played the iTunes Festival gig before the album came out, ARTPOP sounded fucking blinding. I seem to recall thinking it almost had the feel of a Sophie Ellis-Bextor song, that relaxed, elegant disco-pop vibe.

Then the album version disappointed me at first with its toned-down production.

Now it's probably my favourite Gaga song, along with Alejandro. An 11.

Lover's kites...
are flown on beaches for public sight...
The colour palette you choose...
can profit you...

Lyrically this one is also WONDERFUL and strangely abstract, in a poetic way for L. Gaga.

My Artpop could mean anything. It's a good lyric on a good song, but it rather brings home my problem with the whole album. If it could mean anything then it actually means nothing.

03 Aura
06 Venus
08 G.U.Y.
06 Sexx Dreams
08 Jewels n Drugs
04 Manicure
08 ArtPop

05 Aura
07 Venus
08 G.U.Y.
06 Sexxx Dreams
03 Jewels N' Drugs
07 MANiCURE
08 ARTPOP

Honestly, Gaga recording a song called 'Do What U Want With My Body' and enlisting R Kelly for the song and Uncle Terry for the video was a strong indicator that she was on crack.

My Artpop could mean anything. It's a good lyric on a good song, but it rather brings home my problem with the whole album. If it could mean anything then it actually means nothing.
But does it? Are you that absolutist that meaning must be spelled out to really EXIST?

09 Aura
07 Venus
06 G.U.Y.
09 Sexxx Dreams
08 Jewels n' Drugs
07 MANiCURE
11 ARTPOP

I didn't like 'Swine' at the time, but I'm enjoying it more now. That DROP has dated like milk though.

But does it? Are you that absolutist that meaning must be spelled out to really EXIST?
I don't need meaning to be obvious and I'm perfectly happy to have to work for it, but nothing that I have heard so far suggests that Gaga actually knows what she wants to say with any of this.

Unlike Beethoven however, Swine is a borderline turd.

03 Aura
06 Venus
08 G.U.Y.
06 Sexx Dreams
08 Jewels n Drugs
04 Manicure
08 ArtPop
07 Swine

05 Aura
07 Venus
08 G.U.Y.
06 Sexxx Dreams
03 Jewels N' Drugs
07 MANiCURE
08 ARTPOP
04 Swine

Lyrically, Swine is such an angry song, but it isn't coming through to me in the performance. It feels like the production is actively blocking me from feeling anything.

09 Aura
09 Venus
09 G.U.Y.
08 Sexxx Dreams
06 Jewels N' Drugs
09 MANiCURE
09 Do What U Want
07 ARTPOP
09 Swine
08 Donatella

I don't need meaning to be obvious and I'm perfectly happy to have to work for it, but nothing that I have heard so far suggests that Gaga actually knows what she wants to say with any of this.
fair enough, yeah :D

07 Aura
08 Venus
08 G.U.Y.
05 Sexxx Dreams
00 Jewels and Drugs
05 MANiCURE
05 Artpop
05 Swine
03 Donatella

Users who are viewing this thread

Back