08 G.U.Y.
06 Sexxx Dreams
03 Jewels N' Drugs
07 MANiCURE
08 ARTPOP
04 Swine
06 Donatella

Donatella isn't up to much either.

Artpop is really is a messy clash between her pop heritage and thinking she could do something highbrow and thoughtful.

03 Aura
06 Venus
08 G.U.Y.
06 Sexx Dreams
08 Jewels n Drugs
04 Manicure
08 ArtPop
07 Swine
04 Donatella

09 Aura
09 Venus
09 G.U.Y.
08 Sexxx Dreams
06 Jewels N' Drugs
09 MANiCURE
09 Do What U Want
07 ARTPOP
09 Swine
08 Donatella
08 Fashion!

I recall having such an inate, deep seated LOATHING of Fashion! that I refused to listen for years. Let's see.

Would some pretty strings and cowbells help?
Picking one or at least two ideas per song would be a start. So, many of these songs feel like she just thrown everything that she can think of on there and is hoping that some of it will stick. Nearly everything would benefit from a little more restraint.

Picking one or at least two ideas per song would be a start. So, many of these songs feel like she just thrown everything that she can think of on there and is hoping that some of it will stick. Nearly everything would benefit from a little more restraint.

I think I felt that way for about 2 listens. After that, I couldn't imagine them any other way. This isn't particularly complex or avant garde music. Hooks all over the place. Go with it.

I remember her performing 'Fashion!' live with Rupaul while dressed as a condom, possibly on The Muppets show.

I recall having such an inate, deep seated LOATHING of Fashion! that I refused to listen for years. Let's see.
I think part of it was the belief that will.i.am was shouting SLAY, but in fact it's SWAY.

It's quite an enjoyable ditty actually. A bit nothingy, but definitely a moment to breathe. and/or a toilet break.

'Fashion!' is one of those songs that is actually QUITE GOOD, but I associate it with NEGATIVE MEMORIES so I don't really enjoy listening to it.

Suddenly the SWINE is me.

05 Aura
07 Venus
08 G.U.Y.
06 Sexxx Dreams
03 Jewels N' Drugs
07 MANiCURE
08 ARTPOP
04 Swine
06 Donatella
06 Fashion!

09 Aura
09 Venus
09 G.U.Y.
08 Sexxx Dreams
06 Jewels N' Drugs
09 MANiCURE
09 Do What U Want
07 ARTPOP
09 Swine
08 Donatella
08 Fashion!
09 Mary Jane Holland

03 Aura
06 Venus
08 G.U.Y.
06 Sexx Dreams
08 Jewels n Drugs
04 Manicure
08 ArtPop
07 Swine
04 Donatella
06 Fashion!

there are elements of a good song in MJH but it's SO overcooked and those sledgehammer beats under the chorus (AGAIN) take me out of it.

and "the most mad magical in Amsterdam" is gross

Yeah, the last thing that I'd have said about any of this is that it needed MORE ideas.

What's with all the "overcooked" comments? It's a f**king Lady Gaga record. It's why we love her...or at least it should be.

Bring me ALL THE OVERCOOKED POP MUSIC THERE IS.

I also think people are so used to listening basic, cookie-cutter bullshit, that anything outside of that is seen as "overcooked". That's not good people.

WHY is Mary Jane SO long? Is it to highlight how time crawls when you're stoned? Her mind!

I haven't listened to Dope for a good five years. I'm nervous.

07 Aura
08 Venus
08 G.U.Y.
05 Sexxx Dreams
00 Jewels and Drugs
05 MANiCURE
05 Artpop
05 Swine
03 Donatella
04 Fashion!
06 Mary Jane Holland

MJH better than I remember it but I’m REALLY struggling by this point.

03 Aura
06 Venus
08 G.U.Y.
06 Sexx Dreams
08 Jewels n Drugs
04 Manicure
08 ArtPop
07 Swine
04 Donatella
06 Fashion!
08 Mary Jane Holland

What's with all the "overcooked" comments? It's a f**king Lady Gaga record. It's why we love her...or at least it should be.

Bring me ALL THE OVERCOOKED POP MUSIC THERE IS.

I also think people are so used to listening basic, cookie-cutter bullshit, that anything outside of that is seen as "overcooked". That's not good people.
I think you have a lot of theories about our music consumption and most are way off!

05 Aura
07 Venus
08 G.U.Y.
06 Sexxx Dreams
03 Jewels N' Drugs
07 MANiCURE
08 ARTPOP
04 Swine
06 Donatella
06 Fashion!
08 Mary Jane Holland

Users who are viewing this thread