MOOPY SYNC LISTEN - LADY GAGA - ARTPOP - 8pm Tuesday 16/06

I fricking LOVE Aura! I can't play the album right now cos I'm doing something else, but surprised to see it get such a bad rap.

08 Venus

I agree, the instrumental feels fairly cheap and TINNY in places on Venus.

God the lyrics to G.U.Y. are fucking LABOURED even by Gaga standards.

G.U.Y is far more my thing. There's something of 911 in it, which I think is my fave on Chromatica.

Gaga was repping the antiquities on this album. Mary Beard WHO?

The chorus of GUY is SUCH an energy-killing SLOG :D all momentum instantly squandered. not that the verses are very interesting either, but the bridge is at least alright

I like the distorted guitar synth sounds on G.U.Y. I'm trying not listen to the lyrics as I suspect that they may cause brain damage.

GUY sounds far less like my inner monologue when head is fucked. This is a good thing.

I remember (horrifying purple hell-hole) G-A-Y Manchester playing this near constantly when I was at uni.

I don't need to be on top
To know I'm worth it 'cos I'm strong enough to know the truth
I just wanted to be ha-
-ppy cos I'm best when I'm in love and I'm in LOVE WITH YOU

:disco:

One of her best middle 8s ever?

I like that the first 3 songs on this album have a vaguely galactical/futurey gay space-pop theme which is then PROMPTLY ABANDONED - that's artpop!

I like Sexxx Dreams a lot - I'm bracing myself for a SHARP DROP in BIG GAY FUN after this track though.

OK Sexxx Dreams is a major step up in quality honestly. It just feels like a more solidly written and produced pop song than the previous three.

There is something a TOUCH awkward about the sledgehammer beats in the chorus but this is definitely a whole mood.

"we're both convicted criminals of thought" :disco: - what a line! Really clever the way the call and response is sung from the perspectives of the two "criminals" too.

Reactions: GNL
Sexxx Dreams is the best song so far, mainly because it has reined the more self indulgent parts of the production in a lot. It is not as hot as a song this filthy should have been.

Reactions: GNL
Oh I remember this. It's quite a throwback to when early noughties commercial rap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom