MOTHERFESTIVALEN 2023: Deltävling 4 (Malmö) - ft. Lorraine (sp?)

I'd be reluctant to attribute too much to YouTube views JUST YET, given that she's responsible for arguably the most loved Eurovision song ever - you're going to get loads of people like me who have little interest in MF (certainly relatively) search for the performance as soon as she'd won and the news hit social media and beyond. I hadn't bothered looking for anyone else. Plus the stage invasion would have fuelled more interest.

Hopefully the numbers will hold, and the other metrics remain strong.

I'm upgrading it to 8 for the song (and 13 for the performance).
I think we are overestimating Loreen's appeal to the Swedish casuals. It's also worth noting that when Loreen returned in 2017 there was a handful of artist out-steaming her on YouTube despite the pimp slot, rave reviews, spectacular number and compelling narrative.

Last edited:
I think you are overestimating Loreen's appeal to the Swedish casuals. It's also worth noting that when Loreen returned in 2017 there was a handful of artist out-steaming her on YouTube despite the pimp slot, rave reviews, spectacular number and compelling narrative.
Are the YouTube views Sweden only, or international? If its Sweden only, I take your point - I was assuming the view counts were global.

Are the YouTube views Sweden only, or international? If its Sweden only, I take your point - I was assuming the view counts were global.
It's both but as she's still #1 trending in Sweden the vast majority of streams should be Swedish.

She is literally number one on Spotify after a day. That indicates she almost certainly has appeal to some casuals this time around.

Reactions: Hak
Hak, I really cannot emphasise that there really are not as many of us who spend their Saturday nights trying to choreograph the ability to watch multiple national finals as you think. It's literally the biggest show in Sweden! It has some casual appeal!

• Care
Reactions: Hak
Hak, I really cannot emphasise that there really are not as many of us who spend their Saturday nights trying to choreograph the ability to watch multiple national finals as you think. It's literally the biggest show in Sweden! It has some casual appeal!
I hope you are right!
Tattoo has double the amount of Swedish streams compared to the #2 song on Spotify right now, so that has to count for something.

*massive number one with playcounts akin to those for number ones in the UK* *fastest viewcount of 1 million of any Eurovision video ever at the national finals stage* *odds to win Melfest at the narrowest they have ever been in recorded history*

"gee I wonder if anyone more casual is interested in this at all"

It's both but as she's still #1 trending in Sweden the vast majority of streams should be Swedish.
I don't think the vast majority of YouTube streams will be Swedish. I think a significant amount will come from fans abroad after news of her victory broke.

Doesn't YouTube have analytics for this kind of stuff somewhere, or is it all just private for the account owners?

Doesn't YouTube have analytics for this kind of stuff somewhere, or is it all just private for the account owners?
They must do - official video streams count towards the chart in many countries, so they must be able to break it down by territory.

Not trying to take anything away from Loreen by writing of another entry but I'm pleased SIP are doing so well in the charts. It's the first rock band since Outtrigger that's put real thought and money into their staging. Plus, it's a great song!

Is a post-Tattoo world a good time to mention that I have one spare ticket for the final, after a (now ex-)friend dropped out a couple of weeks ago 👀

Tattoo has the strongest MF Youtube viewership starting curve of all time. It's on track to surpass the official Youtube views of Hold me Closer/Move/Too Late For Love/Dance You Off and Statements by Finalen in two weeks time.
I have to correct my previous statement:
Mother of bangers and indistinguishable mumbles is on track to pass said tracks by Andra Chansen in three days time.

Last edited:
Mother's planned stage invasion did the trick.
amnHIO4.gif

Tattoo has the strongest MF Youtube viewership starting curve of all time. It's on track to surpass the official Youtube views of Hold me Closer/Move/Too Late For Love/Dance You Off and Statements by Finalen in two weeks time.
Tattoo has now surpassed last years winner Hold Me Closer in YouTube views.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom