Neighbours D̶E̶A̶D̶ ALIVE!

Essentially I think

Do I have to have the ads if I do have Prime?
I think so yes. There are some films and shows that used to be on regular Prime but have moved to FreeVee with ads. The films are irritating as the ads just jump in at regular intervals, sometimes mid-scene, so I gave up. Not sure if it’s the same for TV.

I know that Annie Jones (Jane) was really sad that the show ended so I think she would definitely be up for coming back. Lucinda Cowden (Melanie) has been retweeting like crazy and I’d be surprised if she didn’t come back either.

I guess a lot of the younger cast might have moved on, Georgia Stone (Mackenzie) was doing a documentary and might have other plans.

I know that Annie Jones (Jane) was really sad that the show ended so I think she would definitely be up for coming back. Lucinda Cowden (Melanie) has been retweeting like crazy and I’d be surprised if she didn’t come back either.

I guess a lot of the younger cast might have moved on, Georgia Stone (Mackenzie) was doing a documentary and might have other plans.
I'd love to see the cast back exactly as it was when it finished, but to be honest one thing Neighbours repeatedly proved in the last year or so I was watching it, was how rapidly the cast could change as long as the older cast remain in place.

But Chloe and Mackenzie of the younger cast please. I assume Harlow won't be ditching Hollyoaks. Not sure if she's started in that yet.

Oh no though, does this mean we'll have to live with Jane without Mike? :(

And what about that farewell tour next year half the cast are signed up for?

You'd have thought that the hugely positive reaction Annie Jones got from the finale might have opened the doors for her to land a better gig...

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand it will be good to see how they move the show forward, and we may get more old characters returning over time!.... But on the other hand it was all wrapped up so nicely that I couldn't imagine that last episode not being the absolute series finale.

How hugely awkward if they've announced this before contacting most of the cast.

However Takaya Honda (David) who tweeted the "we-don't-know-anything" may be an odd case. Following the finale he had since declared that he'd been planning to leave anyway, so presumably he wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the call list.

Chloe was the only one who I think was seni-written off - they had her vowing to move away with Elly. But the actress is also one I'd have thought was more likely to want to return. She was one of the few of the younger ones to sign up to the farewell tour.

I assume Melanie and Terese would be top of the wishlists. More than anyone, Melanie and Toadie being split up would make the biggest mockery of the finale. And Terese had been the show's star player for most of the last few years.

I'd also hope for Amy (in happy drunk form, not crying-over-men), Nicolette (basically the lesbian Izzy) and Aaron (HOT). But I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a lot of cheaper newbies instead.

How are the ads on Freevee? I was thinking of starting a rewatch of Babylon 5 as I saw it was on there, but I've been spoiled by ad-free streaming by this point.
I literally did this earlier this year and it wasn’t too bothersome.

Reactions: COB
Having not watched it in 20 years prior to the last episode I feel tricked into having wasted an hour of my life wallowing in what turned out to be faux nostalgia. Kylie muttered those three words for no reason.

Actually, what exactly was the reason for Scott and Charlene’s return? At least Mike was visiting his daughter. Did they just come back to surprise Harold and say goodbye to Paul? It wasn’t really mentioned that anyone invited them.

Actually, what exactly was the reason for Scott and Charlene’s return? At least Mike was visiting his daughter. Did they just come back to surprise Harold and say goodbye to Paul? It wasn’t really mentioned that anyone invited them.
There was no real reason for Harold's return, was there?

By that stage it didn't matter why Scott and Charlene were there though - people just wanted it.

By that stage it didn't matter why Scott and Charlene were there though - people just wanted it.
For some reason, I thought they were buying the house, but I might have been leaping to conclusions based on the sale sign.

They were doing some kind of history of Ramsay Street book which Harold had put together, no?

They were doing some kind of history of Ramsay Street book which Harold had put together, no?
Yes, but Harold returned entirely coincidentally, didn't he?

But as I said, it didn't matter by that point. Half the reasons for old character returns were incredibly clunky, so having Scott and Charlene just plonked in (particularly when we know they were filmed entirely separately from the ongoing storylines) didn't make me scratch my head at all. I just wanted them back in any capacity.

I think this is ludicrous, particularly in light of the way they ended it.

The Mike and Jane reunion was magical and if they undo that (he bought the old Ramsay House didn't he?) then that would be terrible. If Amazon were interested, why didn't they swoop in earlier - certainly before it finished? I bet Kylie will be seething.

Will this even make it to air? Amazon have got their promo for FreeVee - nice segment on ITV News for it tonight and imagine was the same on most news programming.

Given how beautifully it ended and the now awkward way they're clearly going to have to undo some of that (well, I'm thinking Mike/Jane specifically but I'm sure there are others) or else pretend they've moved on to happier pastures, it feels like a mistake. Realistically is it going to achieve much? Is the budget going to be even lower? Even if it gives it five extra years that hardly seems worth it, then imagine trying to end it again after all that :D

And yet I might even watch to start. As one of the many people who returned for the last week, I feel like I HAVE to now. That's presumably what Amazon are banking on along with the hardcore fans, so it could start strong at least, however they measure this kind of thing.

Darlings I've ONLY JUST HEARD THIS NEWS as they're VERY CAREFUL about the information they allow into the INSTITUTION but I'm going to CELEBRATE in THE ONLY WAY I KNOW HOW by SETTING UP THE TINNIES and WINING ME WAIST to THIS

RIPPER

On this repeat viewing, I've decided that Madge is the best character Neighbours ever produced! She really does steal every scene she's in.

So Amazon are about to drop the first load of "classic episodes" with... 2012.

Which was a comparatively DREADFUL year where they'd just lost a lot of their established cast (Libby, Lyn, Rebecca, Zeke) as well as Margot Robbie, and replaced them with a lot of no-marks who would be written off a year later.

It was also the first year of the ATROCIOUS Sheila

So Amazon are about to drop the first load of "classic episodes" with... 2012.

Which was a comparatively DREADFUL year where they'd just lost a lot of their established cast (Libby, Lyn, Rebecca, Zeke) as well as Margot Robbie, and replaced them with a lot of no-marks who would be written off a year later.

It was also the first year of the ATROCIOUS Sheila
Oh FFS. I thought they'd start at the beginning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom