Neighbours D̶E̶A̶D̶ ALIVE!

Maybe poor brave Kylie has taken legal action on the early years being released as RETRIBUTION for being conned into the "finale"

So Amazon are about to drop the first load of "classic episodes" with... 2012.

Which was a comparatively DREADFUL year where they'd just lost a lot of their established cast (Libby, Lyn, Rebecca, Zeke) as well as Margot Robbie, and replaced them with a lot of no-marks who would be written off a year later.

It was also the first year of the ATROCIOUS Sheila
Who was the eye candy then, please?

So Amazon are about to drop the first load of "classic episodes" with... 2012.

Which was a comparatively DREADFUL year where they'd just lost a lot of their established cast (Libby, Lyn, Rebecca, Zeke) as well as Margot Robbie, and replaced them with a lot of no-marks who would be written off a year later.

It was also the first year of the ATROCIOUS Sheila
Ugh, WHY? The YouTube channel I was following who uploaded everything from 1985- even took his videos down out of respect for them being added to Amazon

I forgot the tour was starting.

That probably explains why they've picked today to make the next official cast announcements.
Annie Jones (Jane) is back as a regular, and April Rose Pengilly (Chloe) is doing a guest stint, so I guess this now means both can speak freely about it on the tour.

Terese, Leo and Mackenzie also officially regulars again, whilst Harold and Lucy are doing another guest stint.

Mackenzie is the one I'm surprised about - her actress Georgie Stone is one I might have guessed would move on to bigger things.

Every time I see this thread bumped I assume they’ve had a change of heart

Guy Pearce is set to reprise his role on Neighbours after making a high-profile return to the series for last year’s finale.
The Golden Globe-nominated actor hinted in an interview with Nine’s Good Weekend Talks podcast that he would be appearing in the reboot, which is currently being filmed in Melbourne.
Pearce, 55, landed his breakout role as Mike Young on Neighbours in 1986 and appeared in more than 450 episodes until he left in 1989, before making a cameo return for the finale.

In the show’s last episode, his character was seen purchasing a home on Ramsay Street with his love interest, Jane Harris (played by Annie Jones).

Pearce appeared alongside his on-screen love interest, Jane (played by Annie Jones) in the finale.

Pearce appeared alongside his on-screen love interest, Jane (played by Annie Jones) in the finale.
The iconic Aussie TV show ended its 37-year run in July last year after Fremantle failed to find it a new home.
However, just months after its star-studded finale aired, it was given a lifeline by Amazon Freevee and Prime Video.
During his interview with the Good Weekend Talks podcast, Pearce also explained that the series’ return had “thrown” him.
“I was a little thrown by that,” he admitted.
“Annie (Jones) and I called each other, ‘What do we do now, because we’re living in the street’,” he said.

“And she said, ‘Well I’m all right because I’m on the show anyway, but what are you going to do?’ I said, ‘I don’t know’. So we’re in the process of working it out.”

When asked if he’d return, Pearce vaguely responded with, “You may, you may” – but quickly confirmed that it was likely.

“Obviously, if I’m going to extricate myself from the show, I want to do it respectfully,” he said. “I wasn’t just gonna go, ‘Well, bad luck. You had your chance, that was it’, you know. So there may be a little appearance or two, shall we say.”

Oh that's fab. Ideally they'll have him back in it full time but then - OH NO - two weeks in there's a hostage siege at Lasseter's and he goes out in a blaze of glory saving Jane from an Isis bomber or something

So is Felice Arena. He's currently driving around Ireland with Julie Mullins.

I'm actually rather excited about this!

Guy Pearce is such a trooper.

I'm quite looking forward to this (it's a shame Jacinta Stapleton doesn't appear to have returned).

Have they given it an EXPENSIVE GLOW UP? It looks like it's no longer filmed in the multi-camera soap opera way

(Or was Neighbours like this by the time it ended anyway??)

Have they given it an EXPENSIVE GLOW UP? It looks like it's no longer filmed in the multi-camera soap opera way

(Or was Neighbours like this by the time it ended anyway??)
It does look a bit more deluxe!

Hollywood TALANT like Mischa Barton cannot come cheap either

They have been foolish if they chose not to bring back Jacinta / Amy. She was one of the brightest (read CAMP) parts of the final couple of years.

I think I will also miss Takaya Honda / David. Terrible actor (especially whenever they had him try to play ANGRY). But more importantly very pretty.

Last edited:
I could never see pretty for David, just bad acting. And as I only watched for the last year or so, he was seldom happy. And every negative emotion read as constipation.

And as far as Amy was concerned, I think I started watching as the throuple storyline with Ned and Levi was hotting up. So her character just annoyed me when she supposedly went on to have a crush on Toadie.

The Toadie crush was a dreadful story to end Amy on. They should have kept her getting sloshed on mai tais and being a cougar.

I think the bad acting was part of David's appeal. His perpetual failure to pull off misery or rage always felt like he just couldn't bear to be rude to the other actors. Very sweet and very useless.

HANDY GUIDE to how to watch the new episodes

Having tried to watch various newer Star Trek series I can see why a how to guide is needed these days. Mine is "I'm sick of new places to subscribe to, off to the high seas"
Neighbours remains free though so yay

I do admire them for nothing giving Five a look-in

Also, the Asian (sorry) family survived? The last time we saw them they were selling up because the market was HOT HOT HOT :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom