Neighbours D̶E̶A̶D̶ ALIVE!

The two year time jump is interesting!

Is the property market still HOT HOT HOT? We’re about to find out!

• Love
Reactions: dUb
I'm not placing too much stock in reviews for now.

There is such goodwill at just the notion of Neighbours being saved. I suspect we'd only get negative critiques if the first episode consisted of Harold Bishop unskirting Rebecca Ritters.

HOT HOT HOT TODAY

Aside from that last LUDICROUS TWIST, everything else felt wonderfully familiar. I don't know if it's actually a commercially sensible decision or not, but clearly they've stuck very firmly to the usual Neighbours "vibe".

Genuinely baffled what is going on with those two couples, as to all purposes it seemed like Melanie is still somehow living with Toadie.

Also very much enjoyed the show poking fun itself with the understandable HORROR of the new family, reacting to a ridiculous old man turning up uninvited to waffle on about a photo album of a load of strangers.

I am assuming however this really will be Harold's last hurrah and we'll be getting a dementia story.

For the MOST part, I think the show have got it right with who returned and who didn't. I think the only change I'd have made is happily exchanging boring old Leo for drunk Amy. I thought I'd maybe miss the rubbish gays and Nicolette, but actually all they usually did was twitter on about babies, so maybe not.

Hopefully Mischa Barton or Angie ramp up the camp soon.

I quite enjoyed it, and totally wasn't expecting that ending!

I take it Guy Pearce won't be hanging around for long though, so I wonder what is going to happen with him and Jane.

Oh shit that twist

Hmm I don't know if I want to start a soap addiction again after all these years. I am intrigued though. I assume it was a modern style preview at the end where it shows bits from a whole "season" and not just a ton of stuff that happens in the next episode.

So a few weeks in, what are our thoughts? Should this have stayed in Moopy cemetery?

With the exception of the anthrax episode, it actually feels like Amazon have toned the show DOWN and it feels a little too fluffy at times. I could not give a shit about the stupid dog and the stupid cafe owner's flagrant ignorance of hygiene laws.

Generally the highlights though have been the newer rather than the older cast. The new family / Rodwells have been the best family units so far. Mischa Barton is engagingly DREADFUL, and even better is the positively WOEFUL evil corporate Tess who I need to have made a permanent cast member stat.

Hopefully the upcoming "flashback" week will liven things up.

The new version of the theme tune is toothless rubbish.

What's the flashback week??

I haven't watched it since the first week back but that was only ever a CURIOSITY VIEW as I haven't watched it properly in years

I was amused to find out that loads of the sets have been given fourth walls :o

I've still not watched it at all.

How many episodes are dropping every week?

What's the flashback week??

Apparantly next week is going to be a "special" filling in the time jump gaps.

They're apparantly going to explain what happened to split Paul / Terese and Toadie / Mel.

They're also bringing back a few of the "missing" characters to explain why they're not around in the present day - so as well as Mel, we're supposedly getting Amy, Chloe, Nicolette, Aaron, and poor hopeless endearingly rubbish David.

Last edited:
Reactions: dUb
How many episodes are dropping every week?

Four, Mon to Thurs

And I believe it won't be every week of the year - a 40-week run for each year, so it'll presumably drop off schedules over summer hols

The best bit has been the return of Sharon, for me! Her, Nick and Bronnie were one of the absolute golden eras of the show for me.

Sharon's return scenes with Jane were HOPELESS, and left me assuming the actress hadn't acted for the intervening 30 years.

She was better the next episode with Nell admittedly.

I don’t remember Sharon, was she around in the Plain Jane/Daphne era? I loved it then so dunno why I’ve forgotten if so 🥴

I'd completely forgotten about her until she showed up in the 'finale'.

Wikipedia states she was in it from July 88 to June 90, although I assume that's Australian air dates.

I don’t remember Sharon, was she around in the Plain Jane/Daphne era? I loved it then so dunno why I’ve forgotten if so 🥴
Afterwards. She was as forgettable as the rest of that teen gang that they attempted to recreate.

I'd completely forgotten about her until she showed up in the 'finale'.

Wikipedia states she was in it from July 88 to June 90, although I assume that's Australian air dates.
I'm pretty sure she started the month after Charlene left so that seems right.

I remember Sharon. She was Bronwyn's younger sister and went to Erinsbrough High as well as working in the coffee shop. She was played by Genevieve Lemon, IIRC.

Genevieve Lemon is older and played someone else a little later

Sharon was the one who blew up the coffee shop. I thought she was a brilliant character, always up to mischief!

I was slightly too young for Sharon's original era, but I am MUCH more intrigued if she might start exploding the sets :disco:

No. 30 is probably the most drab - let's start with that one

I remember Sharon. She was Bronwyn's younger sister and went to Erinsbrough High as well as working in the coffee shop. She was played by Genevieve Lemon, IIRC.
She WAS Bronwyn's younger sister.

So "flashback week" was ridiculous in a fun way.

Half of the street going on the run from crime? Poor hopeless geeky David making a hobby of murder cover ups?

It definitely feels like the first few weeks were a false lull before the show got CAMP again.

It also made me realise I definitely miss ludicrous Amy from the new line-up. Sure she seemingly got a happy ending, but I'd have rather had her back than the complete fan-fiction Lance reunion. And I almost preferred Phil Martin's "finale" cameo when it was completely unexplained and without context.

Also LOL at the dozens and dozens of script interjections trying to pretend that Mike is besties with Karl, when Guy Pearce hadn't filmed a single scene with anyone but Annie Jones.

So another ridiculous week

I love how just when you think they've burned through their black book, they somehow find increasingly obscure names to bring back.

Melissa "all my friends are dead" Jarrett! Michelle Scully and Summer Hoyland not acknowledging they were once related! The idea that Brett Stark would fly back from Africa just to wave a placard at his old school!

Best of all was Tess Bell serenely wandering the halls in an evening gown during the supposedly ANARCHIC and VIOLENT riot.

I'm looking forward to them bringing back Lisa Elliot and Benito Alessi soon. It will definitely happen.

Well I loved seeing Melissa again - and especially hearing that she and Josh are now married! The mention of Todd and Cody dying was nice too.

Plus, she's barely aged a day since 1992!

I do actually enjoy all of the nostalgia

I'm not convinced it'll do much for Neighbours' longevity on Amazon though. I'd have thought they'd have had some hopes of garnering a larger audience than Channel 5 / Channel 10, but it feels unlikely if every episode is a wink wink nudge nudge that only older viewers would get.

Well that was just QUITE THE DOWNER

Poor old rubbish pretty David, never again to comically fail to play angry.

It does feel like Neighbours is back in it's stride again after the first couple of months being rather TEPID

Is it good? I have been meaning to get back into it

Yeah, I've never picked it up again either. And it's totally the adverts putting me off.

It's good in the sense that it's kept most of the CAMP. Stupidly contrived plots, guest villains a-plenty, HOT HOT HOT mum, Paul still moustache-twirling, shoehorned cameos from obscure past characters galore, the hot gays having naked food fights, etc.

But it's also NOT GOOD in the sense that they've not really changed or improved on anything from the Channel 5 days. It's difficult to imagine this bringing in any new viewers, and I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon can it after the initial 2-year deal.

Presumably, even if you pay more to subscribe to Amazon Prime without adverts, as Neighbours is on Freevee, you'll still get adverts on that?

Yeah you'll still get ads.

I don't find them to be any more bothersome than when it was airing on C5 really though.

Far from me to question Dr Karl, but why's he doing that then?

Officially because he started bike riding with Melanie, and we all know old people can't exercise without their bowels imploding on themselves or something

In reality I assume he wanted to fertilise HOT HOT HOT mum's lawn and got confused

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom