New Music Fridays 2022

Didn't know there was a thread! I'll un-flop it when the album comes out.

Rose Gray is really VERY GOOD. EP (Cupid and Swim are the new songs):

Her last EP was good but this is a step up.

I'm enjoying 5 Seconds of Summer's recent singles. Take My Hand leant quite hard into Kings of Leon and the new one has a whiff of t.A.T.u. Eclectic:

Beat me to it! I love Rose Gray her bop rate is amazing. Not sure on the new 5SOS song but Complete Mess and Take My Hand both great.

The new Lissie is shamelessly Stevie:

Mormor (a favourite of the absent ameraal) has finally reappeared. Rather good too:

Phoebe Green has been around a while but this is much more of a full on pop production than usual:

Out last week but the new Two Door Cinema Club has really clicked with me tonight. A hint of Hot Chip in there and I think it is even better than the lead:

Out last week but the new Two Door Cinema Club has really clicked with me tonight. A hint of Hot Chip in there and I think it is even better than the lead:

this is definitely better than the lead - loving it

This was a GREAT week for new songs. I'll post a few shortly.

Nearly fell on the floor when I saw these two had teamed up. Nearly fell a second time when I heard the Sister Sledge sample :disco:

INSTANT LOVE

I quite like this UK rap / deep house crossover. Heard a few of these recently, I wonder if it's a new trend for the scene

Nearly fell on the floor when I saw these two had teamed up. Nearly fell a second time when I heard the Sister Sledge sample :disco:

INSTANT LOVE

there is a thread! apparently this one is several years old and he's been doing it on tour forever. the beat is hotter than the song itself.

I went through a period of finding Lissie a bit boring, and I don't know if it's because of Miley Cyrus and the Fleetwood Mac revival and all that jazz, or maybe her music just got first-album-good again, but I'm totally invested in this era of Lissie :disco:

This is a few weeks old, but I've been coming back to it a lot and her last single Miss Power is really good too:

Still not as good as the two songs with the PDM (or Right Now) but fun all the same:

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

Another very good Miya Folick song, co-written with Mitski and apparently while suffering with a terrible hangover:

Assorted hot Scandi shit. The GRANT song has been tacked on her album, just a bit of an ABBA influence from Honey. and the last one from Stella Explorer takes a little while to kick in but has a certain summery charm:

This week was SHIT I thought, generally. I haven't actually heard of any of those ones though. The last one sounds fun.

I'm a bit behind so bear with but I have some songs to share.

The late 60s psychedelic pop vibes in this are wonderful

This also has some psychedelic sounds but more early 90s madchester sounding

FLETCHER's album is out today. I think some of her older stuff was better than the singles released recently but this is rather good:

Another excellent excellent synthy number from another Daya EP:

I love it, the DRAMA of the line 'you took the best of me and history will show that you moved on from something good'. They have some decent older songs too, but this one is a cut above.
So good! I listened to the rest of their stuff which l did enjoy, but this is absolutely the best of the bunch.

So it turns out that the junior Cyrus has some pretty good songs after all. I like this a lot:

FLETCHER's album is out today. I think some of her older stuff was better than the singles released recently but this is rather good:

Another excellent excellent synthy number from another Daya EP:

I like the Fletcher album, there are better things in their catalogue but it’s a good collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom