Nintendo Switch stuff

Will U?

• Total voters
ALSO, if I get SUPER MARIO PARTY, can I play with random people around the world or do I have to have actual friends?

ALSO, if I get SUPER MARIO PARTY, can I play with random people around the world or do I have to have actual friends?
Thiiiiink that’s just for people in the room!

When are we doing a Mario Kart online thing? Nance swiftly left the lobby as I joined the other day (it was a bloody battle mode and I absolutely hate those:D)

When are we doing a Mario Kart online thing? Nance swiftly left the lobby as I joined the other day (it was a bloody battle mode and I absolutely hate those:D)
Did I? Who are you, may I ask?

I’ve been playing battle mode loads recently. I love it!

Did I? Who are you, may I ask?

I’ve been playing battle mode loads recently. I love it!

Without checking, I think my Switch username ID is a variant of GLA.

I was hoping they'd give us an update of the SNES Mario Kart for online - that battle mode I loved so much.

Without checking, I think my Switch username ID is a variant of GLA.

I was hoping they'd give us an update of the SNES Mario Kart for online - that battle mode I loved so much.
I like the battle where you have to BOB-OMB the fuck out of everyone!

I'd offer to play Mario Kart, but ever since playing CTR I am absolutely shit at it. The physics are different, and my brain won't revert back no matter how much I try.

Imagine looking at this LOT and thinking any of THAT RIFF-RAFF is ICONIC.

latest

Reactions: COB
Playing Super Mario Odyssey and just arrived in NEW DONK CITY.

It’s very odd. It’s like the game has suddenly turned into GRAND THEFT AUTO.

I remember people were (literally) reading so much into that stage what with all the signs for Dixie's Brothel, etc. I'd love a DK game in the style of 3D World.

Part of that world, and you'll know it when you get to it, is the absolute pinnacle of Nintendo celebration (something they forgot with All Stars, ahem).

When the weather changes in New Donk City I just couldn’t believe that was running on the Switch. It just looked fantastic.

Why they’ve never done some DLC is beyond me but it is Nintendo so I shouldn’t be surprised.

One thing I didn’t like about about NEW DONK CITY in MARIO ODYSSEY is that Mario can be quite violent towards the humans, including jumping on the PRETTY LADIES’ HEADS.

I like the way he can use Cappy to POSSESS people. Where do they go while he's using their bodies :shock:

Just started Zelda Breath Of The Wild. I have NO IDEA what I am doing. Was this too ambitious for someone who uses Assist mode on Mario Odyssey?

Just started Zelda Breath Of The Wild. I have NO IDEA what I am doing. Was this too ambitious for someone who uses Assist mode on Mario Odyssey?
I think you'll be okay! It's a bit of a departure even from other Zelda games, but the beauty of Breath of the Wild is that it gives you so much freedom to do whatever you like - there's rarely only one way to solve a problem. The area you start in is a BIT of a training area as you have to acquire a few specific skills before it lets you go into the larger world, but once you have those you can basically go anywhere you like.

The game does take a while to click as it is very open ended and the starting grounds are a bit vague and all over the place (I got stuck in the tutorial because I kept dying of COLD :D:shy:). The whole "breakable weapons" thing did a thing on me at the beginning too as I like my CERTAINTY when I'm exploring.

But do persevere, it's an incredible game and once it gets going there is nothing like it in my opinion.

:D

But really don’t let limitations of other games hold you back here. Exploration is largely based on an exaggerated physics engine so if you feel like you should be able to do it then you will be able to do it.

Fire will keep you warm
Nae clothes will keep you cool
Heavy objects will let you create amusing see-saws
Disguising as a woman will let you go about unnoticed ( :( )

Thanks all. It's not my first Zelda foray - I think I've played them all, but only ever completed Link's Awakening, Link To The Past and Wind Waker. This feels VERY unfamiliar compared to those.

Within the first five minutes I was googling 'what do I do first'. I'm sure it will click eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom